Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malchidiel

Owls are able to see in the dark through the use of powerful inbuilt flashlights. No one has ever been able to successfully capture evidence of this on film on account of not being able to sneak up on a bird who's head is fully capable of turning all the way round.

Richmond Clements

The makers of the TV show 'Barney' always have a squad of heavily armed guards waiting just off camera, in case the T. Rex would ever try to attack any of the children.

karne

The Bridge of Sighs in Venice derives its name from the fact it is so large, and is spelt wrong.

Misanthrope

FACT: Cilla Black is a talented and well loved T.V personality.

On the planet Venus that is.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

karne

The enigmatic smile of the Mona Lisa was the result of Leonardo Da Vinci showing her his trouser-mouse.

karne

The Praying Mantis derives its name from the fact that it was one of the first species of insect to be accepted into the church by the early Christian missionary's.

Oddboy

Fact: It's my Mom's birthday today.

Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

Fact. true one

jeremy irons the actor.
flew from the US to london on concorde during the last gulf war.he was the only passenger on board.
this has never been repeated in the supersonic planes history.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

"jeremy irons the actor.
flew from the US to london on concorde during the last gulf war."

I imagine he thought it was the only transport that could get his cowardly arse out of a potential terrorist target, fast enough.

karne

Many hundreds of years ago, a meteor crash-landed in the back garden of King Harold. Taking it to be an omen, he set about launching Britain's first space programme, only to be killed at Hastings when a rocket from the rival French space programme landed in his eye.

Richmond Clements

The actor Antonio Benderas was upset recently, when he returned home only to find that his let-herself-go-hasn't-she wife Melene Griffith, in a depressed eating binge, had consumed his entire coop of prize racing pidgeons, including his favorite one, Pam.

karne

Walnut faced "Auf Wiedersehen Pet" star Jimmy Nail once seriously hurt his hand after punching what he described as "An ugly lucking blerk who was giving us dorty looks like". It later transpired that he had in fact punched his own reflection in a plate glass window.

Devons Daddy

Fact,
Men know ten things about every women they meet other then they have too many pairs of shoes.
1/they have breasts
2/they have breasts
3/they have breasts
4/they have breasts
5/they have breasts
6/they have breasts
7/they have breasts
8/they have breasts
9/they have breasts
10/THEY HAVE BREASTS
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

Women have breasts? Now you're just making facts up aren't you DD.

karne

Kirkpatrick MacMillan of Dumfriesshire constructed the first example of a rideable bicycle. He did this because he was having little luck finding a girlfriend and thought he could impress the ladies by "popping wheelies".