Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

FACT: This is the 300th message on this thread.
Better set your phaser to stun.

karne

The world's most famous movie dog "Lassie" was in reality played by an antelope named Seymour, wearing a special suit. His owner, Mr Tom Neville of Wisconsin USA, says it was because "antelopes are far easier to train than dogs".

karne

Much loved BBC TV sitcom "Only fools and Horses" was based on the life of Mother Theresa of Calcutta. However, a few changes had to be made to the script after the pilot episode failed to create a positive reaction from the test audience and the character of Mother Theresa eventually became the basis for Uncle Albert.

http://www.clamchowderforthesoul.com/images/photos/Mother_Theresa.jpg>

"During the war..."

karne

"FACT: This is the 300th message on this thread."

Looks like I owe you a prize Odders. Are there any (reasonably priced) graphic novels you're after?

karne

Worms are unfortunately allergic to soil.

http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/Science/AnimalHomes/images/Worms.jpg>

"Aiiieeeee"

Bolt-01

FACT: If I was to have access to this kind of nonsense at work, I would never get my comicx drawn! (I mean my work done)

Rotts

judgejampot

True: Some of the crowd in the final scene of Star Wars IV: A New Hope were actually cardboard figures, to give the illusion of the crowd being more numerous than it was. And that's a FACT! ^_^

karne

The humble dictionary derives its name from the three people who originally compiled it: Dick Trotter, Shaun Belfry and Harry Baxter.

Devons Daddy

Fact,
saimese fighting fish
they do not really fight to the death at all.

the two featured in the movie Dr no.where actaully trained stunt fish.they now live in florida and offer there services for bond conventions.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

FACT
the grand canyon.
is not a natural wonder of the world as the yanks like to tell all the tourists.
it was created by irish navvies when they first went to the US ofA
for something to do whilst they waited for their green cards to be approved.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

The Civil War was so called because both sides would politely ask for the others permission before shooting them in the guts.

http://www.actis.co.uk/gridgallery/gridgal/two/imageid/historybig/2177.jpg>

"After you old chap."   "No, I insist after you."

Devons Daddy

FACT
2000ad in the early days was printed on low quality paper so that it would be easily damaged. this was so in the years to come THARG would be able to sell his perfect copies for huge sums on the internet.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

There are some parts of England where it is still illegal to murder someone.

karne

Doctors are responsible for more cases of assault on kangaroos than any other professional bodies.

Devons Daddy

FACT
male chimpanzees are the only other animal on earth other then man too indulge in DIY for improvemnts to their dwellings.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!