Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

He! I know Rac, it's amazing the amount of facts I could post here without anyone questioning the validity of ;)

Richmond Clements

Is it off yet?

I don't know how to, or I would try...

Still, here's another true one:

Heroin was originally marketed as a cold remedy. It worked, but had certain side effects that resulted in it being withdrawn from sale rather quickly.

karne

Don't mention Coca Cola Rac ;)

By the way, there is a completely verified fact posted by myself on this thread you know. Honest.

Richmond Clements

'By the way, there is a completely verified fact posted by myself on this thread you know. Honest.
'

Now, that is just crazy talk, Karne!!

Capt.Zeep

Top film star Keanu Reeves, him who played Neo (or Neil, as my French pal insisted he was called) off the Matrix, is in fact the brother of top comedian and light entertainer Vic Reeves.

karne

The Bronte sisters were actually brothers. They felt it best to adopt the fa?ade in a society that shunned men who were in touch with their feminine side.

karne

Sugar can be used as a substitute for petrol or diesel in any of the more expensive makes of motorcar.

karne

Legendary stage and TV performer Bruce Forsyth is so afraid of being bald that he took up hunting in order to ensure a regular supply of dead vermin to wear on his head.

Richmond Clements

'Sugar can be used as a substitute for petrol or diesel in any of the more expensive makes of motorcar.'

I'm going to take you on your word here, Karne... and go out and help the neighbours with their fuel consumption.
I shall report back later, viz a viz the success of the venture.

karne

Just remember Rac that this is a very secret fact so you musn't tell anyone I told you. In fact you can take all the credit for it yourself if you like. Actually I insist that you do.

karne

Snails are capable of great speeds, but are also extremely laid back in their approach to life.

Richmond Clements

'Just remember Rac that this is a very secret fact so you musn't tell anyone I told you. In fact you can take all the credit for it yourself if you like. Actually I insist that you do.'

Ohhh, naplam.

When do you think my eyebrows will grow back?

karne

"When do you think my eyebrows will grow back?"

I have a fact that may just help you out there Rac...

A sure fire way to restore missing eyebrows it to cover the affected area with lighter fluid and then lean over a lit gas cooker.

Hope this is of some help to you Rac.

karne ponders for a moment... Or was that to remove eyebrows?

Richmond Clements

*batting smoke from in front of his eyes*

remove, my friend, it was remove...

karne

There is much truth to be found in nursery rhymes. Take for instance the story of Humpty Dumpty, which was based on a real life man named Humphrey Dumfries who was possessed of such excessive girth that he bore a startling resemblance to an egg.

One day, whilst he was trying to climb a wall to get a better glimpse of Little Bo Peep in her bloomers, he slipped and fell causing himself multiple fractures in the process.

Now in those days things were very similar to the way they are now, in so much as there was very little in the way of emergency services, what with pay disputes and strikes and such. If ever there were a problem of any nature, the King's men would be sent out to deal with it.

Unfortunately for Mr Dumfries though, the Kings men were more adept at killing peasants to prevent them having uprisings than putting people back together again and so he became yet another statistic of the Governments ineptitude regarding the Health Service.