Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

To celebrate the release of "The Dalek Invasion of Earth" double DVD this week here's a "Get Fact" Dalek double to go with it.

Roy Skelton not only provided voices for Doctor Who's Daleks and Zippy from out of Rainbow, but also for TV presenter Mariella Frostrup and Ashley Peacock from Coronation Street.

Terry Nation often lied about where the name of his briefly described to, and realised by Ray Cusick creations the Daleks came from, saying such things as it was on the spine of an encyclopaedia as Dal-Lek. The truth is that he had envisioned them as huge sentient robotic bulbs of garlic but was too embarrassed to admit he'd got the spelling wrong.

karne

Sellotape is so called because it was invented in a basement by a dyslexic.

karne

People assume that pop and TV star Goldie gets his name from his gold teeth, the truth is that it's due to his habit of sneaking into bears' houses and abusing their hospitality.

Devons Daddy

FACT
the kiwi friut is not a friut at all
but the egg of the new zealand bird. this fact is hidden so that the new zealander trade commision do not damage the whole some vegetarain image assocaited with the word kiwi friut.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

D.D.'s back! Hooray!

karne

Sand is composed of millions of tiny locust testicles.

Richmond Clements

Karne, that last fact was a load of balls.

...sorry...

karne

Careful Rac, comments like that may make me a bit testy.

karne

For many years viewers of the TV series "The Prisoner" have been baffled as to what it was all about, but Patrick McGoohan the enigmatic star of the show recently revealed that it was just a straight-forward version of "The man in the Iron Mask" before Lew Grade got his hands on it.

http://www.birthdaycraftsandsupplies.com/birthday/images/Pinatas/Number%206%20Pull.jpg>

I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FRE...Hang on a minute, I am actually a number now I think about it.

Misanthrope

Cheese, if left in the sun long enough, will evolve into a completley new lifeform and run off with your girlfreind.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

karne

Peter the Great had his wife's lover executed and then forced her to keep the head in a jar of alcohol in her bedroom. This led to the phrase: "That drinks gone straight to my head" being coined.

Richmond Clements

'Peter the Great had his wife's lover executed and then forced her to keep the head in a jar of alcohol in her bedroom'

My god, Karne, sure we've all done that...

karne

Well, it's a sure-fire way of getting head in the bedroom ;)

Richmond Clements

Man, it is the ONLY way!!

Devons Daddy

FACT,

YOU SHOULD NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
LICK A STEAK KNIFE!

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!