Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

the novel lord of the rings was not made into a movie long ago as the chaps in hollywood felt the first book in this series was poor. the executives at the studios behind it said.

LORD OF THE FLIES

failed to make a big impression at the box office.as such we whre not interested in taking the franchise further.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

The cheetah is the worlds fastest land mammal and can accelerate from 0 to 45mph in two seconds. It is however, incapable of handbrake turns.

karne

The banana is actually a mammal.

karne

Elvis actually hated rock and roll. He was often quoted as saying: "I hate rock n' roll, give me techno any day...Momma".

karne

Film actor Johnny Depp is not really selective about the roles he plays, and takes any job he is offered. In reality, he is only ever given parts in cult films made by maverick directors.

Devons Daddy

Fact,
johhny depp is to play both judge dredd and Rico in the new movie.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

It has often been thought that TV presenter Johnny Morris voiced all of the animals on BBC Television's "Animal Magic". This was not actually the case as the animals were all Equity cardholders.

Wils

Every piece of art ever shown in the Gallery on Vision-On was actually drawn by Sandy Toksvig, whilst dancing naked to Showaddywaddy.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Useless trivia:

BRASS MONKEY

In the middle ages, ships were heavily laden with food, water and cargo. Obviously, it was all stowed below decks. However, to be sure that the loading was even and didn't cause the ship to list to one side, an "n" shaped set of brass balls were hung from a spike on the deck, through two holes in the deck floor, so that they could be seen below. This created a kind of artificial horizon for the men below; if the balls shifted one way then they could tell they were causing the ship to list.

However, when it got very cold the wood in the deck would contract and snap off the balls. Hence the expression, "cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey."

Lock up your spoons!

The Monarch

fact: the film version of the shining differs from the original book because it is an autobiographic account of jack nicolsons drug fueled days as a movie director.

El Spurioso

Fact: primitive humans reached all corners of the globe using the swamp-preserved carcasses of stegosaurs and spinosaurs as sailboats.

JimBob

Fact: Michael Jackson does not exist, he is a bio-suit warn by Gary Coleman in an attempt to pull chicks.

karne

Ronan Keating, ex member of boy band "Boyzone" is a trained veterinarian. Fans often bring their pets to his concerts so that he can check that they are alright.

Matt Timson

Matt Fact:  If you walked to the shops really, really slowly and then ran back as fast as you could, you'd meet yourself on the way.
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Matt Fact:  If you gave your earlier self the shopping and told him not to bother going to the shops because you've already done it- the universe would grind to a halt due to the nature of this hugely improbable paradox.  Absolute true fact.
Pffft...