Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

fact the X files was a fly on the wall documentary.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

FICTION: The computer you are using has a wonderful appreciation of Oasis.
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Enigmatic Dr X

FICTION: Mrs X can has no appreciation of Oasis. Or any bloomin' clothes shop for that matter
Lock up your spoons!

karne

Whilst filming "Braveheart" Aussie actor Mel Gibson decided to play a joke on the English by wandering into the houses of Parliament dressed as William Wallace and challenging the British Government to a fight. The prank went hideously wrong however when he was sentenced to death by disembowelment and hanging, drawing and quartering.

Capt.Zeep

FACT one of the quarters of William Wallace is buried under Wallace Green, Berwick Upon Tweed.  One of Guy Fawkes' quarters was gibbeted at Berwick, too.  'Tis a place with a most bloodthirsty history (and home to Captain and Mrs Zeep for many a year)

Demon Chicken

FACT: Berwick-upon-tweed is the only english football team allowed to play in the scottish leagues.

Devons Daddy

FACT
Berwick-upon-tweed is the only english football team allowed to play in the scottish leagues. because they new every english team would beat them
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

Fact
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE football club. are the only english team with a green in there regular playing colours.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

Scientists have discovered a type of grain, which displays an unusually firm surface texture. It is generally being referred to as "hard pore corn".

Dounreay

FACT: Since the demise of vinyl LPs the devil has no means of subverting young heavy metal fans.

SUB_FACT: Attempting to make a CD player spin in the reverse direction may invalidate your warranty.

karne

Children's TV show Blue Peter was originally conceived as a soap opera involving the lives of two presenters and their pets.

Oddboy

Not so much a fact as such, but here's the Chef's Tip for March:

This Shrove Tuesday, which falls on 4 March, liven up the humble pancake by turning it into a crepe suzette.  Mix the juice and zest of limes or lemons with orange juice, pour into melted butter and caster sugar in a pan, then heat each pancake in the tangy juices for 30 seconds each side.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

fact,
the humble pencil sold over 40 million units,in 2002 alone.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

The Vampire Bat is so called because it looks like Bela Lugosi.

Capt.Zeep

FACT
Berwick-upon-tweed [that would be Berwick Rangers FC] is the only english football team allowed to play in the scottish leagues. because they new every english team would beat them

...and most Scottish teams come to that, though they did hold Celtic to a draw not so long ago - not bad for a bunch of part-timers.