Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misanthrope

Cows, when viewed from some distance away, appear small.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Misanthrope

Every dog in the isle of man,is called Nigel.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

karne

Hamsters are able to carry items as large as a Vauxhall Astra in their cheek pouches.

Capt.Zeep

"Cows, when viewed from some distance away, appear small. "

No no no... they actually get smaller as they go further away...don't they?

Proudhuff

The Americain state of Ohio is physically round at each end and high in the middle, hence the name.

D.EVO

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

FACT/Spoiler:

The first pyramids were built by midwifes of jam and pyrethurms, hence the name.

Proudhuff
DDT did a job on me

Noisybast

The novel "Return Of The King" was written by Joan Wilder, as evidenced in her movie "Jewel Of The Nile." Seriously. Go check it out - the facts are all there.

I should probably mention that this interesting fact was revealed to me by TheDevilsBidness on the Ain't It Cool News forum. I saw this & thought of you...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Devons Daddy

Fact
true one
the first CD pressed and released in the USA was bruce springsteen, born in the USA.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Fact: I have had the same bookmark for over twenty years, and still have (and use) the pen I sat my O Grades and Higeres with. Yet I always lose red biros and till receipts in a matter of hours.
Lock up your spoons!

Oddboy

I'm still using the bookmark I got in (IIRC) '94 (the year the film Jurrassic Park came out anyway - that was the first book I read using it)

But in my English GCSEs exams - my fountin pen died in the first, so I had to finish it in biro & my biro died in the second one, so I had to finish it in pencil.

Better set your phaser to stun.

Proudhuff

fact: Muscovites often carve mongoose excrement into portraits of recently dead relatives, These are then used to keep evil sprits from resting on TV aerials at night.
DDT did a job on me

karne

Famous crisp snatcher Gary Lineker can't actually eat the potato-derived snacks as they cause dog-like growths to sprout from his face. The crisps he "eats" in the Walkers adverts are in fact computer generated.

judgejampot

lord of the rings is actually a work of fiction.

karne

Citrus fruit derives its bitterness from failed relationships.

karne

Alexander Graham Bell was a sexually frustrated man who invented the telephone solely so that he could phone adult chat lines. He died penniless in 1922 after receiving his first phone bill.

http://www.b-link.co.uk/ckn/inventors/gifs/alexandergrahambell01.jpg>

What are you wearing, you dirty little minx?