Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

How can they tell Mark Vivien Foe was daft?

Well, everyone knows it's 90 minutes and then extra time before sudden death
Lock up your spoons!

Richmond Clements

I shouldn't be laughing, but I am.

Capt.Zeep

Drug fact (remember kids it's not big and it's not clever etc.)

LSD was named after its inventor Ellis Dee, who was not only the brother of Dave Dee from acid rock pioneers Dave Dee, Dozy, Peaky, Eek and Twitch but also a direct descendant of prog-featuring-in Elizabethan Astrologer and Merry Prankster Dr. John Dee.

karne

In Australia there is around ten times as many sheep as there are people. Australia also boasts the lowest record for sexual assault on women.

longmanshort

"In Australia there is around ten times as many sheep as there are people. Australia also boasts the lowest record for sexual assault on women"

FACT this post didn't surprise me at all.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Tiplodocus

Fact: The resident population and visitors to Yorkshire Spa town, Harrogate, is now made up of so many pensioners that the local council has started making bi-focal shop windows.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

longmanshort

FACT We recently launched an appeal to help a little girl who desperately needed a transplant. On the first day we received two calls.

FACT This week we had to miss out the crossword because the compiler's notes were unreadable and he's gone on holiday.
It's 1pm and we've just taken our 30th call about it.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

karne

Queen Victoria was the first person to use chloroform to numb the trauma of childbirth. Her husband Albert was the first person to use it to numb the trauma of conception.

Queen Firey-Bou

Thats very depressing longman.. however FACT; tomorrow is the day of the areas Fire Brigades raft race, where most of the money raised is  going to help a lassie from the area who was burnt nastily on a camping thing in cornwall. This single cause, rather than the usual spliting of the sponsor money, is raising loads of enthusiasm. I shall be down the pub later with my sponsor form to see how enthusiastic people can be. heh heh.

we're only in it for the nobel cause of course, we are not hell bent on trashing the other firebrigades & re-claiming the trophy. oh no.
watch this space.http://www.balnacra.com/bigcheques1.jpg">

Wils

A mule slippper and a tub of Vim are the only tools required to summon a demon from the 7th circle of hell.

Misanthrope

George Lucas's beard will be playing the part of a young Chewbacca, in the next star wars film.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

karne

The fiddler crab is so called because it claims benefit whilst working.

Wils

The 1953 London-to-Brighton film Genevieve is based on the second treatment of the movie's script. The first treatment finally made it's way onto the silver screen in 1975 as Death Race 2000.

Devons Daddy

FACT
with the passing of Barry white.
a nod to him and his abilitys.

he was FAT B*****D who most women would normally not even glance upon.
but when he spoke and sang no matter how unobtainable they liked to think where every female became putty in his hands. i witnessed this in the late 80s when he played the albert hall.
thousands of women of all ages willing to pledge themselves to him by the second set of the gig.

and lets not forget how many of us by proxy have enjoyed this abiltiy. hands in the air if you do not have a barry white cd tucked away somewhere, left from your days as young single male.?

umm not to many hands are there.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

FACT
the lengh of a nano second is not easily understood by mere mortals. as a point of reference for the rest of us it the lengh of time between parcel force ringing your doorbell and them leaving the card stateing
we called you where out , please pick up from the nearest post office.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!