Main Menu

Friday Mug

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 16 January, 2003, 03:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

I have a heat sensitive Rogue Trooper mug from the 90s. It has Friday on it, and when liquid is poured in a blackened speech bubble clears to reveal "Dispensing Coffee Now, Friday". It was a prize for having a letter printed and, as far as I know, was never avaialble in any shops. Any idea wha this is worth?
Lock up your spoons!

Wake

I'd offer you ?5 for it.

Wake

Oddboy

More than a set of postcards.

Count yourself lucky.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Marbles

Now I hear Matthew Kelly's been fiddling with minors ? Is being a sicko now a requirment for 2nd string celeb's ??
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Devons Daddy

a fiver is a good deal.
more of value to a collector
(wake being one such person.)i have not seen them on ebay.
take the money.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

I'll offer you ?5.50 for it.

Trout

I'll offer you a tin of tomato soup.

But you'd have nothing to drink it out of.

- Trout

Matt Timson

"More than a set of postcards.

Count yourself lucky."

Ha!  Read it and weap, Oddboy- I managed to strike back in the days of "postal orders".  Made a grand total of 25 quid (two pics and a letter)- a lot of money to a 13-15 year old in the mid 1980's, I can tell you...
Pffft...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Not a fan of tomato soup. Unless it's a really big tin?
Lock up your spoons!

Wake

Queen Firey-Bou

mmmmm. if you check out the subscriptions thread you'll see this chap also has another mug for sale.... 20p anyone, carriage included ?

DavidXBrunt

The Enigmatic Dr X

Friday mug is not for sale. And, clearly, for drinking from either.

The bidding for the other mug (nice, white with blue and yellow squares - not related to 2K or any comic) is at ?8. If it reaches ?10 I'll sell it. And if it reaches ?20 I'll even clean it.

Sorry for the cross post
Lock up your spoons!

Wake

I have two "Reality is the only Alternative" mugs, so I actually get to drink out of one of them.

Wake

Wake

I think you have your answer anyway. The Friday mug is probably worth between ?5 and ?10.

Wake