Main Menu

Subscriptions

Started by stodge, 16 January, 2003, 04:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stodge

it's obvious from reading the prog reviews on this board that a lot of us receive our subs prog on a monday.....however, i don't get mine until at least wednesday if not later and i'm getting increasingly annoyed by this.  why does this happen?  surely our glorious postal service cannot be responsible for the same delays every week.  is there a pecking order for despatch of subs progs?  
it would make mondays more bearable if i could beleive there was a shiny new prog waiting for my return at home.
am i alone or do others (in the uk, i know devons daddy and ukdane amongst others will have a slightly more acceptable delay) have the same problems?

Devons Daddy

i noted this problem an spoke to a man i know at the post office.(my dad) he said it is likely that your sorting office is short of staff. and this kind of package is not sorted over the weekend. sadly. it is not the distubutor at all.its the system they are using to save money in your region.big sorting offices work through the weekend 24 /7 infact. smaller ones dont.

sad but true i am afriad.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

stodge

i live in altrincham, cheshire which has a massive sorting office and is just a couple of miles from manchester city centre.  surely this can't be the case......if the distributors can assure me that they send them all out on a saturday then i shall take it up with the post office.

potterbeee1

maybe they're just slack?  or have something against you?  

never anger posties!

Wake

According to Dom-1, the copies are sent out on Friday morning and are guaranteed to be
delivered within 2-3 working days.

Most people should get their copies by the Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Wake

stodge

okay is it just me then or does anyone else get theirs on wednesday or thursday?

if it's just me i'm going to bomb the sorting office or maybe just talk to them first.....

DavidXBrunt

Just be glad you don't live in Knutsford. A mate of mine used to live there and the only newsagent refused to stock it because it 'wasn't appropriate'.

No help that is it. Sorry.

stodge

well if i could afford to live in knutsford then i could employ someone specifically to drive to the distributors every friday to pick up my sub copy.  

but i don't so i can't :o(

when do you get yours in sunny leigh DXB?

or was it wigan ;O)

Queen Firey-Bou

well stodge, I have one stupid newsagents on 30 miles, so i took out a sub years ago.
i live in a postal zone where everyone says " yes miss that will be with you in 24hrsss.....wait you live where? oh I'm sorry....4 days if atall ever "  however i still get my prog mostly on mondays.......

The Enigmatic Dr X

Sorry to make you feel bad - but my copies sometimes arrive on a Saturday (which I kinda like because I remember when it used to be in the shops that day)
Lock up your spoons!

Slippery PD

Like boo, stuff tends to come to me a little later than normal (an extra day), but then I do live in a rather large town on the South coast so go figure.

Usually I get my prog on a Monday........  

Stodge you aint got a big dog that doesnt like posties, do you???

- yer Slippo

The Enigmatic Dr X

This is just like eBay! I dunno if I want to sell - I just wondered whether it was worth moving it from the cupboard where my wife put it (after using it, for Gawds sake). But if anyone is interested, I do have a nice mug with a ring of blue and yellow squares on it.
Lock up your spoons!

stodge

ooh  cross post dr x....

no i don't have a big dog but my gf has two annoying cats.  i've never even met my postman as he always arrives after i've left for work....

perhaps he's been knocking off said gf and is now delaying my prog to teach her a lesson.....

nah!....

DavidXBrunt

That was clearly a calculated insult Stodge, so I'll taunt you by saying that I get it every Monday, bright and early.

Oh, and we did raise a glass to you at Shedcon:1, as promised.

stodge

thanks DXB that brings a tear to my eye that i was remebered at the time.  i doubt many remember it afterwards but it's the thought that counts.