Main Menu

Ebay Usernames

Started by Wils, 23 January, 2003, 04:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

If there's an Ebay auction I've got my eye on and notice that the highest bidder is a name I recognise from the board, as a matter of courtesy, I won't bid, even if it's something I *really* want.

It occurred to me though, that quite a few people (like me, for example) will have a username not resembling their board name or real name at all. I was thinking that  we could possibly start a list of people with non-obvious Ebay names so we know if one of the Irregulars (as DXB calls us) is already bidding.

I'll start the ball rolling:

Board Name: Wils
Ebay Name: shakara!

The Monarch

board name kid samurai

ebay name kid samurai ( i use this name everywhere)

Wood

eBay name johnheronproject

stodge

Board Name: stodge
Ebay name : stodge_boy

worryingly stodge had already gone apparently....

The Enigmatic Dr X

My eBay name is Nimeous

I'm bidding for loads of back issues just now. I need 2, 8-11, 31, 33, 52, 76-80 and 95 as well as most of 150 - 223.

Prog 534 - Pah! The previous 533 ain't too shabby.

So pretty please leave me alone (that includes poxy Devons Daddy - ?16 for fecking number 8. Bugger me!)
Lock up your spoons!

Noisybast

Board Name: Noisybast
Ebay Name: Noisybast

Coincidence, eh?

I just won some Marc Wigmore artwork the other day. Apologies if I deprived another boarder...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

critter

board name : critter
ebay name : dredd2138

Matt Timson

johnnyeyebrows and uh... johnnyeyebrows.  Not much in the way of imagination, obviously...
Pffft...

opaque

Board Name: opaque
Ebay Name: Opaque_Entity

I know what you mean about not wanting to bid against someone you recognise, occasionally it's nice to know it's a proper fan getting something.

I've got most of the things I want and it's really only rarer things that I don't have now and I couldn't afford them anyway. It's artwork that I'm throwing myself into this year anyway after finishing off my prog collection mainly due to Ebay last year!

Oddboy

I'm still oddboygirl on eBay.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Queen Firey-Bou

well can you belive Boudicca had gone ? pah the cheek of it ! I'm funnily enough 'Fireladie.'

Devons Daddy

on Ebay its devon daddy.
no s thats the only difference
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!