Main Menu

Blizzard white out...

Started by Queen Firey-Bou, 30 January, 2003, 04:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

well,weather-man wils said there was a 70% chance of snow in my parts..

* whump * the high schools closed & theres currently a white out from the north, very spectac, I'd take a photo to show you all , but that would mean puting a foot out of the door. ? ha ha!
The council have even snow ploughed our little road, which due to public money cut backs is on the list of roads the will be attended to "as & when budget allows", (mmm public saftey always paramount then, Mr Blair you said how much for a war head?)

snowed in (& ever political) Weather report from Bou'

paulvonscott

Hmmm... I know it's only a few clicks and we used to have to do a lot more to read a post, but I've grown lazy and decadent.

Would it be possible/feasible/desirable to have page no. links next to the title to go straight to the page we want?

E.g.  Spam is from Mars and Burgers are from Pluto (1,2,3)

Mk13

Tell me about it! Even down here in the Sahf it's been fairly blizzard-like (which happens down here so rarely that everyone acts like judgement day has come early).

Spent bloody ages on the M40 this morning, crawling along at 10 mph past several gritting lorries surrounded by council types scratching their heads and pondering that maybe they should have gritted the motorway a couple of days ago, before it snowed.

Still, the woodland along the motorway looked truly spectacular when the sun came out, so it wasn't all bad.

Bolt-01

I'm at home with the kids too. I'm in the midlands and we only got three inches of stuff (it had begun to freeze underneath though, nasty snowball fuel).

I don't mind that much, nice to get on the board during the week. Shame to lose a holiday for this though.

Rotts

Slippery PD

Down here on the south coast its cold weve had a flurry and now its rather nice and sunny.  No snow, just a bit cold.

yer "costa del" Slippo

Art

Wow. The winds started blowing and snows started falling pretty heavily now. The temperature has dropped noticibly even indoors.

Quirkafleeg

Was out this morning and the basic temp is not that bad but the wind chill is something shocking, no snow yet but it's forcast 10cm later today / tonite

paulvonscott

Hmmm... didn't look too bad this morning, now it's looking pretty bad.

Oh hang on the suns just come out.

It's a miracle!

Jared Katooie

Over the seas were just getting rain... or hailstones....

Generally Contrary

I blame witches... oh, no, perhaps it's those 'asylum seekers who are suspected terrorists we don't know about yet' (almost a direct quote from Kilroy this morning).

Yeah - round 'em up, hang 'em burn 'em, make 'em confess.

Sorry - 'Witchcraze' appears to have affected my ability to discern real dangers from phantoms.
Andy B.

Queen Firey-Bou

well this weather is some other witches spell not mine, its darned inconvienent too, kids off school & -2 degree workshop not exactly what i need with a rush job on. wait til i find out which witch it is thats more powerful than me, the cheek... wait, its cherie ! yes see the chin of the devil is upon her !

ukdane

Glorious day here in sunny Scandinavia. Slightly cold wind, temparatures around -3.
Mind you, we did get about a foot of snow in 6 hours last night. Keep the nasty weather over there would you?
:-)
Cheers

-Daney

Queen Firey-Bou

And to add insult to numb toes, our water supplys gone off. grrr, and i pay taxes for this ? i used to have a pipe in a burn from the hill that never ran out even in the winters that reached -20. damn modern incompetent public services, pah .

off to collect snow to melt, Bou'

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

The Monarch