Main Menu

A Glenmorangie-influenced questionnaire

Started by damnandblast, 31 January, 2003, 02:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damnandblast

9 correct answers wins you a transcript of the investigation following L. Ron Hubbard?s ?Hey! Let?s bomb Mexico!? incident.

1. What shape is your head?

2. Which book do you wish you?d written?

3. If time got stuck, what time would you like it to be?

4. Are there really only sixteen men of Tain?

5. What was her/his name and why didn?t you have the courage to ask her/him out? And would your life be different if you had?

6. Why do you read 2000AD?

7. If the opportunity arose, would you live and work abroad?

8. If you had to provide one piece of advice to an alien stranded on Earth, what would it be?

9. Can justice be bought?

10. You're Tharg for the day: what are you going to do? Go on... you know you want to...

Nigel

karne

1. What shape is your head?  Head-shaped.

2. Which book do you wish you'd written?  My homework by karne.

3. If time got stuck, what time would you like it to be? The time before it got stuck.

4. Are there really only sixteen men of Tain? No, the rest of them are publicity shy.  

5. What was her/his name and why didn't you have the courage to ask her/him out? She can't be named for legal reasons, and her minders prevented me from asking her out.
And would your life be different if you had?  I would not have been issued with a restraining order.

6. Why do you read 2000AD?  Because it has writing in it.

7. If the opportunity arose, would you live and work abroad?  Opportunity does not arise, it knocks.

8. If you had to provide one piece of advice to an alien stranded on Earth, what would it be?  Stop bothering people with your screenplays.

9. Can justice be bought?  Yes, but the price is freedom.

10. You're Tharg for the day: what are you going to do? Go on... you know you want to...  I'd bring back Bill Savage, and reduce the price of a prog to 50p (Earth money)

Generally Contrary

As heads go, a little cuboid.

Homage to Catalonia.

Just after tea.

I don't know what you are talking about.

5. What was her/his name and why didn?t you have the courage to ask her/him out? And would your life be different if you had?
Probably Gail Smith.  Probably not.

Dunno - summat to do, like?
As comics go - it's pretty literate.

Absolutely.

8. If you had to provide one piece of advice to an alien stranded on Earth, what would it be?
Don't watch ITV.

No.  But you can make people think they have it.

10. You're Tharg for the day: what are you going to do? Go on... you know you want to...
I would commission a highly implausibe Spider-Man/Judge Dredd/Flash crossover that would surprise the literary world with its ambition, asking, and answering all the great metaphysical and moral questions.  After that, there would be no need for any more comics, and my work on this planet would be complete.

Andy B.

Queen Firey-Bou

. What shape is your head?
too ickle for manly helmets.

2. Which book do you wish you'd written?
the one i'm gonna write.

mesolithic or mebbe pre dark age.

no theres lots more & they are rednecks & scary.

5. What was her/his name and why didn't you have the courage to ask her/him out? And would your life be different if you had?
but i did, & they refused & made no difference.

dahhh !!!

nahhh.

Theyre all mad mate.

not by me.

write a memo to self, "must ask bou' out "

karne

"I don't know what you are talking about."

Well the title of the post was a bit of a clue ;)

"Despite distributing to over 120 markets world-wide, the Distillery still remains one of the smallest in the Highlands and employs just sixteen craftsmen - "The Sixteen Men of Tain" - who have become synonymous with the Glenmorangie brand all over the world."

Karne, not just here for the somewhat implausible facts.

Slippery PD

1. What shape is your head? Ova; I suppose

2. Which book do you wish you'd written?   The Bible (I always wanted to write fiction)

Knowing my luckit would be about, 4.30pm and somethging hasd gone wrong at work and I have to stay there forever!!!

There was a seventeenth, but he like the fourth man was unknown

5. What was her/his name and why didn't you have the courage to ask her/him out? And would your life be different if you had?
Melanie No
Sarah No
Emma Possibly

I always have and I have an addicitve personality (probably the reason why I dont smoke and dont drink, too much often)

Most definately, preferably somewhere with lower taxes and less whingers

Get the feck out of here, were fecking it up very niceley on our own.  Also hide coz if yer found yer buggered.

Yes, a high paid lawyer, oops well set you free.

Get rid of SinDex, bring back robohunter with wagner, Grant and Gibson.  A second series of Necronauts and a dredd epic written by Rennie and art by Boland.

Devons Daddy

round and sadly showing signs of age.

bridges of madison county (it made him damn rich)

sitting with my son,laughing together

its enough to lay any ball game why doyou need anymore.

i never had this happen.with my crocodile thinck skin. i never shyed away from asking.

its part of my life and has been for 26 years,i just cant not do so.

I DO.

DONT PANIC, dont drink the water mate.

sadly in htis region YES>

10. You're Tharg for the day: what are you going to do? Go on... you know you want to..

commission a dredd drawn by gibson,jock,and henry flint.
written by wagner.
with references to all the regular boaders here.art then sold to them at auction for charity.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Enigmatic Dr X

HEAD SHAPED (Damn someone got there first). Uuum.

THE BELGARIAD. I READ IT WHEN I WAS 10 AND STILL LIKE IT, EVEN THOUGH I KNOW ITS FORMULAIC

DUSK ON A SUMMER SATURDAY

COLETTE WAS HER NAME. I NEVER ASKED HER OUT COS I WAS 10 (HEY, IT WAS A BIG YEAR FOR ME) AND MY DAD WOULDN'T LEND ME THE CAR

COS I HAVE FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER AND IT'S GOOD TO HAVE A CONSTANT. PLUS I LIKE WATCHING ALIENS GET BLOWN  UP AND SEEING GUNS GO BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA!

NOT EVEN ENGLAND

PHONE THE RAAC (WORK IT OUT) OR EDIT A COMIC

OH, YES.

COMMISSION ONE OF MY FUTURE SHOCKS - JUST ONE

Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Sory, re the men of Tain my answer is:

Could be 32 or even 64, depending on how much you've drunk
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Sorry,re the men of Tain my answer is:

Could be 32 or even 64, depending on how much you've drunk
Lock up your spoons!

Oddboy

1. What shape is your head? With new haircut, smaller then it was 2 days ago

2. Which book do you wish you?d written? LOTR seems to have sold pretty well, but I'd've cut out a lot of the dull descriptive passages.

3. If time got stuck, what time would you like it to be? Sunday afternoon - never have to get to Monday ever again!

4. Are there really only sixteen men of Tain? No.

5. What was her/his name and why didn?t you have the courage to ask her/him out? And would your life be different if you had? Janine, because I knew she'd say no, and no it wouldn't as I did ask her out 3 years later & we split up fairly soon (she only said yes in the first place for lack of any other offers I reckon)

6. Why do you read 2000AD? Because I enjoy it, & to find out what happens in Nikolai Dante, Dredd, Sl?ine & Cabellisctics Inc.

7. If the opportunity arose, would you live and work abroad? Oddgirl & I are planning to open a bar in Spain when we're old folk

8. If you had to provide one piece of advice to an alien stranded on Earth, what would it be? Always use the green cross code.

9. Can justice be bought? Yes, from the justice store in the mall

10. You're Tharg for the day: what are you going to do? Go on... you know you want to... Send Mek-Quake over to Alan Moores' house to bring him back kicking & screaming.  Force him to write Halo books IV - X & make sure they're GOOD, or else!  Get Ian to work on drawing them (B/W)
Eat a plastic cup.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tex Hex

Big spam, small chin: kinda stoopid.

The bible. Its a mighty work of art.

Last night, whilst dreaming of kirsten dunst.

Depends.

I dont want to go there. It haunts me to this day.
Damn!

Its the least gay magazine publication you can be devoted to. Or summit. In a non-homophobe way that is...

Yup. But not Germany. Been there too much of late.

Floss your teeth. They wont stay good forever!

Yup. And then locked up and the key thrown away.

"Right Moore. Money's no object...."

Proudhuff

What shape is your head? Bucket shaped, after a drunken head wieghting contest

2. Which book do you wish you'd written? The one after Exudus

3. If time got stuck, what time would you like it to be? right twice a day?

I spent my hols in Portmahomack as a bairn, so I know, these  is only one man there and he's big and scarey.  

5. What was her/his name and why didn't you have the courage to ask her/him out? And would your life be different if you had? The the drunked questions we all ask ourselves in the wee small hours, (cue Frankie singing)

never worked that one out yet.

a brief period as a trannie? let me think about it....

'Fools and bairns shouldn't see a job half done'

Only if your rich.

Act like Mister Grace (and put Bou's boots icon on the front page)
DDT did a job on me

Trout

Believe it or not, my head is cube-shaped, with a slightly mis-shapen forehead, like it's been drawn by John McCrea. Honestly.

Anything that would make me money. I want Iain Banks's cars.

Springtime.

No. I used to live there and there were more of them. Glenmorangie (especially with the port cask finish) remains my favourite malt. I breathed it in, aged three, at the Morangie Road Nursery next to the distillery.

I always had courage to ask them out because I was constantly pissed. My life would always be the same, unless I'd given up my constant drinking earlier.

Because it's the old faithful. The happy quarter-hour of every week, always there, for decades.

It did and I didn't. My whole family are in Canada now and I didn't want to go. Would consider an interesting, ancient European city, however.

Never buy it in half-pints, because that makes you a poof.

Yes, it can. I've seen it.

10. Tharg for the day - You all know the answer to this one. Cancel Sindex!

- Trout

Proudhuff

King Troutman,
              You lived in Tain? Is there a suspension foot bridge near the football pitch ( just like in the Wasp factor) or did i just dream that as well?  
Middenpus  
DDT did a job on me