Main Menu

Daleks in the Chatroom

Started by Dounreay, 31 January, 2003, 01:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dounreay

Just admiring Dr X's most excellent icon.

The comic potential for daleks is there, y'know, dalek in an internet chat room (well I thought it was funny), daleks advertising stairlifts and so on.

But despite their being a bit limited in a fight there's something deeply sinister about that design. Am I just suffering from childhood trauma from Dr Who exposure or does anyone agree?

Devons Daddy

Daleks
i lieke the marketing potentail. you should be working for the BBC.
 DR who = scarry childhood moments. totally.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I choose it cos my wife got me a plastic Dalek for Christmas. It's really quite fabby (for a plastic piece of tat). You push a button and it speaks in a scarily loud voice ("Exterminate" "You are an ememy of the Daleks" etc).

DALEKS -

No home (or message board) should be without one.
Lock up your spoons!

Queen Firey-Bou

Cool , what a whole big proper dalek ? fantastic. !

wheres the sofa to hide behind?
(tho i still believe the giant maggots to be worse)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Well, it's about 10 inches high. You get them in the Gadget Shop for about ?10. I really wanted the remote control one in Forbidden Planet but that was ?60 and too big for my bookcase (it's about eighteen inches tall). Still, you can always dream.
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

This will bore you, but the building I work in has a full sized Dalek in the Atrium! It's the black on that David Bailey photographed for a stamp a few years ago,it's amazing how everyday it has become... loking forward to some wag subverting it someday in some subtle way...

Middenpus
DDT did a job on me

OldOne

Oh, this reminds me.... if any of you happen to be down in Brighton any time soon, there's a 100% real Dalek for sale in one of the shops in the Laines. Used for the show, even does the funny voice thing and everything.
It's three grand, mind

Quirkafleeg

There is a company making replica Daleks, complete with voice, along with Tardises (Tardi?), cybersuits etc ... cannot remember the name of hand.

Yeah when I win the lottery...

Devons Daddy

i posted that link a few months ago.
i will see if i still have it and post it again. they had a full set. and K9 as well.cyber men helmets as well.

thats on my must buy when i win the lottery list also.
 get one and place it in the garden. much better then a garden gnome or some arty statue.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

here it is.
worth a look for the sake of dreaming
who buys these things? or should that question be how many sad sci fi fans have won the lottery then?

Link: http://.www.thisplanetearth.co.uk

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

sorry this should work. if it does not. just cut and paste and take a look.
:~)

Link: www.thisplanetearth.com.uk

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!