Main Menu

You know you've read too much 2000AD when...

Started by Dudley, 29 November, 2013, 11:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minkyboy

"No skin off my chin" is part of your family's vocab
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Colin Zeal

Quote from: Minkyboy on 29 November, 2013, 03:45:03 PM

That's one i use as well. Always gets a strange look when heard by other people.

Dandontdare

you point out an office block in London to a total stranger and inform them that it's a disguised spaceship from Betelgeuse (true - got a very funny look!)

SuperSurfer

When trying on a pair of shoes in a shop you growl to the shop assistant: "The older I get the tighter I wear 'em" (not true).

hippynumber1

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 November, 2013, 03:38:10 PM
You insist your kid includes 'over-farming' as a possible cause of extinction in their Dinosaur homework.

:lol:

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 29 November, 2013, 03:47:13 PM

That's one i use as well. Always gets a strange look when heard by other people.

Yup. Me too.

Skullmo

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 29 November, 2013, 03:47:13 PM

I use that one too!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Proudhuff

you're looking through Frank Brangwyn's ectings and all you think is 'That's how I want my Mega-city One!'
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

...you have a detailed dream in which you are Sláine in Dragonheist, but notice that this time around, your world has been painted by Bisley rather than drawn by Belardinelli.

...you remember asking your father as a child whether the first 'x' in 'grexnix' is silent, only to be met with a puzzled stare.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Skullmo

you read the Horned God and daydream that it is drawn by Belardinelli rather than Bisley.
It's a joke. I was joking.

moly

You look at your mrs and think she would look good dressed as Anderson.  :D

Jim_Campbell

I've used both "sneck" and "funt" in conversation, and told numerous people that their mouths were full of wrong. I also use "no skin off my neck" because it was in an Ace Trucking story...

God, I'm such a nerd.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tiplodocus

We do the skin/chin as well.

whenever you pass a complicated, multi-level motorway junction you refer to it as Dan Tanna Junction. (You know, the one on the M8)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 29 November, 2013, 08:29:07 PM
whenever you pass a complicated, multi-level motorway junction you refer to it as Dan Tanna Junction. (You know, the one on the M8)

I've only been over Spaghetti Junction once, and I felt compelled to make a comment about allowing people to drive over complex works of abstract art...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.