Main Menu

Heroes Uncancelled

Started by Dudley, 24 February, 2014, 11:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Professor Bear on 24 February, 2014, 03:05:20 PM
Does the world really need another superhero show that's so ashamed of it's own superhero conceit it has to hide it by putting everyone in dark jackets?

It's cheaper.

Frank

Once you get over the fun of seeing the cheerleader trying and failing to top herself every week, there's nothing else there. I wasn't online in the early 21st century, so it's a relief to learn that I wasn't the only person stupid enough to watch all the way until the end of the first season to see if it got any better. Cheers, all.

Professor Bear

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 February, 2014, 05:46:17 PM
Quote from: Professor Bear on 24 February, 2014, 03:05:20 PM
Does the world really need another superhero show that's so ashamed of it's own superhero conceit it has to hide it by putting everyone in dark jackets?

It's cheaper.

Arrow's main character just put on some dark eyeshadow.  Eyeshadow is cheaper than a leather jacket.

COMMANDO FORCES

I think you'll find he wears a mask now, that was invented by Barry Allen, who is about to become the Flash ;)

Frank

Are we all agreed that this was only ever a TV version of the last decent idea M Night Shyamalan ever had - Unbreakable? Like Planet Of The Apes, it lost something in the switch from 24fps to NTSC.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Professor Bear on 24 February, 2014, 06:36:42 PM
Arrow's main character just put on some dark eyeshadow.

And a leather suit.

Magnetica

I for one really quite liked it. The first series was the best. The second suffered from the writers strike.

I seem to remember it feeling a little unsatisfactory when it ended, with several plot threads unresolved e.g their was this woman working with Peter who got sent into the future (or some alternative future) and we never saw her again.

It also gave us a really great character in Sylar.