Main Menu

Heroes Uncancelled

Started by Dudley, 24 February, 2014, 11:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

I watched the first series and really enjoyed it. I didn't bother with the rest because I heard lots of negative things and it was on TV quite late.

The whole thing's on Netflix now so I was considering watching the rest. Any yays or nays?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

JamesC

Enjoyed the first series. Watched about 4 episodes of series two and gave up (it was rubbish).

Tiplodocus

Enjoyed Season 1. Didn't enjoy Season 2 half so much. Didn't bother with others.

They sort of let the cat out of the bag a bit too early with [spoiler]the Cheerleader's blood being a cure all (including death. "Khaaaaaaannnnn!!!!"). [/spoiler] I know that made it more comic booky but not very good for TV drama.

Short version: Yeah? Why?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Spaceghost on 24 February, 2014, 12:03:43 PM
The whole thing's on Netflix now so I was considering watching the rest. Any yays or nays?

Season 1 is pretty good, but also fairly shameless in robbing from various comic books sources. Season 2 had a lot of promise but was brutally truncated thanks to the writers' strike. Season 3 is where the rot started to set in and it began to suffer from that whole "trust us we know where this is going" thing that American TV series seem so fond of doing when they're actually just making it up as they went along.

Season 4 is terrible. I can barely remember it, but I recall it kept promising that threads were going to pull together, that something awesome was going to happen later in the series and then ended with a resounding 'Meh'.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Ghastly McNasty

Pretty much what everyone else said. The first season strummed my geek bean like a Hendrix solo. After that it slowly and painfully went to shit.

Can't see the point of bringing it back.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 February, 2014, 12:55:27 PM
Season 1 is pretty good, but also fairly shameless in robbing from various comic books sources.

Yeah defo this. It began to grate with me as the season went on and I abandoned it after the first season in a nerd boy huff. My wife however carried on and her feedback and the bits I saw of the second meant I never tried to catch up and she left it there was well.

Montynero

Keef Monkey

I loved Season 1, I still think as a standalone series it's one of the most enjoyable things I've seen on telly.

It immediately started to slide at the start of Season 2 though, it felt really obvious that they hadn't really thought much beyond the first fairly contained story when they were conceiving it. Sort of in the same way Lost seemed to panic a bit when it got renewed for a second season (and never recovered in my opinion).

Obviously it's all a matter of personal taste, but people seem to be in universal agreement on the Heroes Season 1 Good All Other Seasons Bad thing.

Spaceghost

So thats a resounding 'shite', then?

Thanks everyone, you've saved me from wasting 30 hours of my life.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Dudley

Their biggest mistake was not creating and sticking to restraints on characters' powers. Sylar became so powerful that the only thing standing between him and world domination was that he was a bit of an idiot, which doesn't make for gripping TV.

von Boom

Never liked Heroes so I don't care if it comes back.

Professor Bear

Does the world really need another superhero show that's so ashamed of it's own superhero conceit it has to hide it by putting everyone in dark jackets?
Ten years ago it was a great way to stripmine comics writers' ideas without acknowledging the source material or paying any money to the original creators, but actual superheroes are serious mainstream business now and - Man of Steel's self-loathing streak aside - popular culture doesn't seem to need superheroes-by-stealth stories as much as it used to.

Goaty

That was a show with too many plot-holes!

And this is good link to explain how Heroes Jumped the Shark!

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2009/03/04/the-top-10-times-heroes-has-jumped-the-shark/

mogzilla

only if hiro returns will I watch it.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.