Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: wedgeski on 22 January, 2021, 10:43:36 AM
Here's one that intersected with me recently: making bad choices and repenting for them seems to be more valued in our society than simply not making those bad choices in the first place.

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission"

Bolt-01

Getting half way through season 3 of Black Sails and discovering that Amazon want an extra tenner so I can watch season four. There is a moral here - something to do with piracy at the very least...

The Legendary Shark

P1R4T3 84Y.

Poetic justice.

(Not poetic at all. Not just at all. Irony deployed in pursuit of satire. Views of individual posters do not reflect. The views of the management do not necessarily. No liability. Just say nothing. Etc. Ltd.)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Wow that's new and it sucks too. When did they start charging for latter seasons?

von Boom

Have some sympathy will you. Bezos can't possibly manage on his meagre income so he needs to charge a bit extra here and there. Sheesh.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 27 January, 2021, 10:21:33 PM
Getting half way through season 3 of Black Sails and discovering that Amazon want an extra tenner so I can watch season four. There is a moral here - something to do with piracy at the very least...

Once streaming took off, everyone started offloading their DVD collections, which is why the last time I bought a season of Black Sails on dvd from CEX it cost me 1 pound.  The moral is that Amazon can fucking whistle for their money.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Professor Bear on 27 January, 2021, 11:37:15 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 27 January, 2021, 10:21:33 PM

Once streaming took off, everyone started offloading their DVD collections, which is why the last time I bought a season of Black Sails on dvd from CEX it cost me 1 pound.  The moral is that Amazon can fucking whistle for their money.

I'm on Season 4 and it's not charged me.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

I take it back. Just had to fork out for last 4 episodes.

Bolt-01

Bah! It's that Charles Vane! He never misses a trick!

Tiplodocus

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 02 February, 2021, 04:37:43 PM
Or a chance to take his shirt off.

Do we know that he actually owns a shirt?

The Legendary Shark

If I had abs like that, I wouldn't own any shirts either. Or vests. Or jumpers. Or jackets. Which I do, because I haven't seen my abs since I was 6.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Even though I'm far from an oil painting, I already check myself out in the mirror and think "Oh, yeah!" a lot more than is healthy.

If I was actually good looking with a fit body I'd basically be stood admiring myself 24*7.

The Legendary Shark

I'd set up a date - with a real human woman - my first date in years, about three days before the first lockdown.

So that was that.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 February, 2021, 07:45:19 PM

I'd set up a date - with a real human woman - my first date in years, about three days before the first lockdown.

So that was that.

Well at least you know she can't have gone far.