Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: 8-Ball on 12 June, 2014, 05:58:19 PM
It is too emotive an issue

It really shouldn't be. It's a debate about economics and civil bureaucracy - topics which don't usually get folk so worked up they threaten to murder each other over twitter. For all I know, it's the same four or five bams causing all the commotion on either side, but it's this puerile Telling Teacher crap that gets on the front page of the tabloids - so you can see why both sides persist with this line.

Dandontdare

Y'know what grinds my gears?

Slipping the clutch on a hill-start.

8-Ball

Quote from: sauchie gun club on 12 June, 2014, 06:16:15 PM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 12 June, 2014, 05:58:19 PM
It is too emotive an issue

It really shouldn't be.

I couldn't agree more. Honestly, I can't wait until the whole bloody thing is over and done with and normality can resume.

Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Trout

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 June, 2014, 06:23:09 PM
Y'know what grinds my gears?

Slipping the clutch on a hill-start.

Ah, I miss proper cars. I've been driving an automatic for more than a year and it still freaks me out that it doesn't roll back if I take my foot off the pedal on a hill.

ZenArcade

Brian's just had sex with a really dumb girl....in his car!! Domp de domp.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dandontdare

Quote from: JamesC on 12 June, 2014, 09:41:46 AM
Today's free promo copy of The Sun grinds my gears. I actually think the Sun can be quite funny and even witty at its best but this is just awful.
It's all about how great it is to be British and has been posted to every house in the country. One quote "Obviously the best thing about being English is not being French or Belgian".

I'm quite happy to be British but I feel we should print out 20 million copies of this thread to post through people's doors in the interest of balance.

If you wish to register your disapproval (and cost The Sun some money) you can return your free copy to FREEPOST, The Sun, London E98 1AX.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 June, 2014, 03:14:28 PM
Today's free promo copy of The Sun grinds my gears. I actually think the Sun can be quite funny and even witty at its best but this is just awful.
It's all about how great it is to be British and has been posted to every house in the country. One quote "Obviously the best thing about being English is not being French or Belgian".

I'm quite happy to be British but I feel we should print out 20 million copies of this thread to post through people's doors in the interest of balance.

If you wish to register your disapproval (and cost The Sun some money) you can return your free copy to FREEPOST, The Sun, London E98 1AX.

In an outburst of sense, they never delivered these north of the border (and I don't mean Canada)
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 June, 2014, 05:14:32 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 June, 2014, 03:14:28 PM

In an outburst of sense, they never delivered these north of the border (and I don't mean Canada)

DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

People who watch "Buy it Now" items on eBay.

Buy, or do not buy. There is no watch.
Lock up your spoons!

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 June, 2014, 06:15:39 PM
they never delivered these north of the border

There are four guys in an office in Glasgow (three of them dedicated entirely to Old Firm football) who put together the 'Scottish' Sun for print and distribution in Scotchland. The only way any of those English editions of the paper would have found their way North of Gretna would be in the odd service station along the M74.

mogzilla

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 13 June, 2014, 07:02:22 PM
People who watch "Buy it Now" items on eBay.

Buy, or do not buy. There is no watch.
there is when you aint been paid yet
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Mardroid

Yep. I often watch buy it now items if I'm comparing different items and wish to get to them again without searching through the list again. For example I often get mobile phone batteries and other phone related items for my mate who is not IT literate. ( He buys and sells second hand mobile phones, and relies on me to pick little bit as and bob smissing from the phone before selling it on).

Often I'll find  2 or 3 (i.e.. Original, compatible alternative, etc. When selling phones having the original work will sometimes be a factor. Particularly with Nokia for reason) then I'll let him know the prices. When he's made the decision I can find the relevant item quickly because I'm watching it, if that makes sense.

Grinds my gears: when friends don't keep their word. I'm aware this is partly my issue though. We don't always know what someone is going through, what's on their mind etc. So it's best not to judge too harshly. It really bugs me though. I'm an old fashioned boy in some ways.

radiator

That's one of the annoying things about modern tech - it enables flaky people to be even more flaky and drop out of social events at short notice/be very late to gatherings, which would have been socially unacceptable in pre-mobile phone days.

I quite often organise group events and it's a bloody nightmare a) finding a date that suits everyone and b) booking tables/paying deposits only for people to drop out the day before/on the day with a text.

TordelBack

Offered to cover an hour at the end of a shift for a colleague today because she was leaving early to get her hair done for a wedding tomorrow.  Turned out I was stuck there for 8 bloody hours, since everybody else had gone, making for a 17 hour day, and I'm back on at 7 tomorrow.  Simply can't believe she didn't know this was going to happen. 

Still, money.  And on Monday, words.