Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Quote from: King Pops on 26 June, 2014, 03:53:37 PM
The absolute worst is when they put a picture spread across the spines of a series of books. Then when you take one of the books out to read it, you're constantly distracted by the incomplete picture on your shelf.

Some of you guys need help!

Frank

The absolute worst is when they put a picture spread across the spines of a series of books. Then when you take one of the books out to read it, you're constantly distracted by the incomplete picture on your shelf

Just read the book in your reading room, rather than in your library.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: sauchie on 26 June, 2014, 06:34:46 PM
The absolute worst is when they put a picture spread across the spines of a series of books. Then when you take one of the books out to read it, you're constantly distracted by the incomplete picture on your shelf

Just read the book in your reading room, rather than in your library.

That wouldn't help, I'd still know!
You may quote me on that.

The Doctor Alt 8

No pleasing some people.  You'll just have to stick to e books
. Problem solved.

ZenArcade

Hmmm, but if one has a library and an adjoining reading room, what could one possibly want an electrical jiggery pokery thimgjigry for? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

I, Cosh

Have your man fetch it from the library. If he's worth hi salt, it'll be back on display next time you walk past and if he doesn't know which page you fell asleep at you can sack him without pay.
We never really die.

Fungus

The absolute worst is when they put a picture spread across the spines of a series of books. Then when you take one of the books out to read it, you're constantly distracted by the incomplete picture on your shelf.

You should of course just turn the lights out and have nursey read in her best Martin Jarvis voice. Why he didn't get the Dredd gig is beyond me. Maybe in the sequel where Dredd rolls up to sort out that unspeakable to-do at the country house.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JamesC on 26 June, 2014, 04:18:07 PM

Some of you guys need help!

I have to agree...
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Still gliding through Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. Barmy, bloody barmy. And i've fallen in love with Araki, his art is something else entirely. In an industry where everyone is trying to be either Tezuko or Oda, Araki is an original master.

Also concluded the first Cerebus phonebook. Though a very rocky first few issue, by the time Elrod and Cockroach became staples of the series I feel Sim had found his artistic balance and the Aardvark was looking more like his High Society (up next) persona. And i'm amazed that Sim got away with all these parodies. Red Sonja, Batman, Captain America, Swamp Thing and Man-Thing are all torn asunder here in.

Goaty

Why some people like to knew the spoilers before the TV Shows out or in comics!

Ghost MacRoth

^ Was thinking the very same thing with the news of the Who scripts being leaked. 
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 27 June, 2014, 09:29:34 AM
And i'm amazed that Sim got away with all these parodies. Red Sonja, Batman, Captain America, Swamp Thing and Man-Thing are all torn asunder here in.

Oh now that never stops... well at least up to issue 200 at least.

Hawkmumbler

I posted that in the wrong thread....

Banners

Twenty. Six. Low. Res. Bitmap. Logos. In. A. Word. Document.

Bolt-01