Main Menu

They're officially on my list

Started by Dudley, 16 October, 2014, 09:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

The entire parasitic 'management' class, who arrive in a workplace at three-to-four times the average salary, take twice the holidays, fail to take any measures to assess, quantify or (god forbid) manage existing problems, install further expensive consultants who they know from school or golf club, blame the workers that were there before they arrived for unacceptable costs and failure to increase revenue, then use what little energy they actually choose to expend on their job in engineering elaborate schemes to make people's jobs non-viable without their being able to reliably prove constructive dismissal, and watch gleefully as they leave without the hassle of paying them redundancy, taking experience, expertise and commitment out of the business.

Then when the whole thing is six months to a year or so from collapsing in on itself, pull the consultants out, point to the reduced ongoing costs as a personal triumph and leave the dying body for a new doomed host, wafted away on the angel wings of illusory success.  When comfortably installed, point to the failed business from the veranda of the yacht club, and say "it wasn't like that when I was in charge".

Them.  They're on my list.

James Stacey

People who use the phrase 'I'm loving ....'

Daveycandlish

I'm loving this thread! (Hey, I'm entitled to my opinion. Just saying.)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 16 October, 2014, 12:15:53 PM
I'm loving this thread! (Hey, I'm entitled to my opinion. Just saying.)

With all due respect... ;-P

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

NapalmKev

"At the end of the day..." comes evening one assumes!

"Try looking at it this way..." Horizontal? Vertical? Or do they mean I should just agree with what they're saying.

"It's one of those days again!" What, a Thursday? Yes, it is.

Cheers

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Spaceghost

"...as you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!1"

"Don't even go there!"

"I don't do _____ (insert foodstuff/holiday destination/other things)"
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

GordonR

Reviews that aren't reviews at all, but a fairly autistic "and then this happened, and then that happened, and this happened" run-through of the points of the story.

Satanist

"Your delivery will arrive between 8am and 6pm"

So I wait in all day (having taken a day off work) and my new toilet arrives at 4pm only to look like someone threw it down a flight of stairs and then finished it off with a hammer, AND it's the wrong kind of toilet, AND I then have to wait 4 weeks for a replacement, AND when they finally deliver it again after another day off work the delivery guys look at me like I'm the cunt!

B&Q – You're on the list!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

8-Ball

Websites that report unsubstantiated gossip and try to get around it by putting a question mark in the headline.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: GordonR on 16 October, 2014, 12:38:12 PM
Reviews that aren't reviews at all, but a fairly autistic "and then this happened, and then that happened, and this happened" run-through of the points of the story.
Now THIS gets on my nerves! People throwing autism around like it's an adjective.

von Boom

It is what it is.

How the fuck is that helpful?

NapalmKev

"Yeah, I know. Tell me about it!" I just Fucking did.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Satanist

"To cut a long story short..."

Thats adding extra to it you muppet!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Satanist on 16 October, 2014, 02:44:10 PM
"To cut a long story short..."

Thats adding extra to it you muppet!

No, it's not — it's indicating to the listener/reader that you're omitting part of the story for brevity's sake — unless the bit you're omitting is less than six words, the net result is the shortening of the story.

Cheers

Jin
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

8-Ball

UKIP supporters thinking that their special brand of right wing demagoguery is "common sense."
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.