Main Menu

Homeland

Started by Fungus, 15 December, 2014, 02:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Only a couple of episodes to go of season 4, but  Homeland is currently heart-stoppingly good.
Have really enjoyed it from the start but always had the feeling it had a short fuse. Not so, it turns out.
Season 4 began strongly then wobbled for perhaps a week, recently. At all other times it's been thumpingly
good...

The thing is, Sunday's episode was perhaps the single best episode of any US series I've ever watched.
I wouldn't spoil it by detailing why, I suppose I'm just asking any lapsed fans to give it a try...

As a grumpy (ie. discerning) old scrote I've dropped most shows as tosh (Gotham alone survives) so it's
nice to see Homeland confound expectations and make other shows just look silly.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm watching it when I get in. Last weeks cliffhanger was superb and I can't wait to see where it goes!

Colin YNWA

Don't watch it myself but my wife has watched it from the and the last few episodes she's raved about. Often watching them a couple of times.

Heath C Ackley

Yes I've also been a fan since ep 1 season 1 and I thought that last night's was the best one yet.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

COMMANDO FORCES

It was most impressive when I eventually got around to watching it. Can't wait to see the trail of destruction that is left, as the list is hunted down :o

Colin YNWA

For what its worth my wife loved it (she watched it tonight) but said last weeks was better.

auxlen

halfway through season 3. season 1 was absolutely spell binding...plus Claire Danes is an unconventional hiollywood fox.

Proteus4

I loved season 1.
I liked season 2.
I slept through season 3.
I woke up for season 4. It's been a return to form.
Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well, after all that I'm severely unsatisfied with that ending!

Buttonman

Yeah such a good build up and a total fizzle out ending. Wonder if they pissed away the budget and had to do a dull character episode instead.

Heath C Ackley

Yes I was also disappointed with the damp squib of a finale, especially after the build-up of the episodes leading up to it. They should have ended the season last week and left the Carrie/Mother storyline for another series (if there is one). The last episode had a strange 'tacked-on' feel about it.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

COMMANDO FORCES

Season 5 started on Sunday and it's bang up to date with the political situation with Isis and refugees. Can't really tell where it will head with the season opener but the poo is just about to hit the fan, due to those naughty hackers!

Fungus

Caught up with 2 episodes of the new season and it's some tense telly. Still utterly plausible, and centring the latest crisis on hacktivism was inspired. The opening scenes peering over a hacker's shoulder was looking worryingly dull, then it started to kick off and Carrie's latest isolation is ramping up the tension yet again.

They've portrayed CIA chiefs as knobs before, but now with the illegal US/German pact being exposed you've got to admire the guts of the writer(s?) !

None of your tedious time-travelling Scotsman or never-ending zombie guff here, just oh-so-realistic terror lifted from yer actual World News. Loving it.

Devons Daddy

have you read the :NEWS: about the graffiti?
they had the back grounds painted to look real with Arabic graffiti,
the chaps wrote things like

THIS IS ALL RUBBISH
THEY ARE ONLY ACTORS
and such other negative statements apparently

was amusing to hear, they spoke of it on the Cornish radio station Pirate FM
I LOVE THE INTERWEB.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Fungus

Sounds like a non-story to me.