Main Menu

Friday chat - what's happening with you?

Started by Bolt-01, 30 August, 2019, 08:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Proudhuff on 21 September, 2019, 11:10:06 AM
Working today and clearing scrub from a Puffin Island tmw so the wee darlings can burrow their nests, its my first time doing this so totally out of my comfort zone.

Good work dude - that sounds awesome! Whereabouts are you doing that?

As for me, resting today after the march yesterday and subsequent piss-up. Tomorrow it's back to harp practise and more climate change science study.

sheridan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 21 September, 2019, 02:47:23 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 21 September, 2019, 11:10:06 AM
Working today and clearing scrub from a Puffin Island tmw so the wee darlings can burrow their nests, its my first time doing this so totally out of my comfort zone.

Good work dude - that sounds awesome! Whereabouts are you doing that?

As for me, resting today after the march yesterday and subsequent piss-up. Tomorrow it's back to harp practise and more climate change science study.

My guess is North Wales.  Good work, Proudhuff!

Colin YNWA

Well learnt somthing today. Turns old the extra effort put into running up hill on my twice weekly 10k run home from work do not translate into faster times when I run the relatively flat (relatively this is Sheffield). I got a very disappointing 54.50ish today, which is pretty much what I run on the way home....

...so its not the hills its the extra 10 years that mean I'm not sure I'll ever break that 45 minute barrier!

Dandontdare

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

shaolin_monkey

Keep at it! You've probably just hit a plateau for the moment. Happens to us all. You'll get there!

Tiplodocus

That's still a respectable time. My mate Martin ran Sheffield today, you probably saw him.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Colin YNWA

Oh Martin, yeah he was next to Bob!

Its okay. 9 years ago I did 46.02 (I think it was) closest I got to breaking 45 minutes... for some reason I figured that those 9 years didn't matter as much as running up hills! Live and learn and hey just means I've got to rethink my strategy... though can't get rid of those hills on my way home from work alas... or set different goals.

Keep on runnin'...

johnnystress

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 September, 2019, 09:42:21 PM
I really need a stiff drink right now, and indeed am having one.  See, while working in my abovementioned kitchen, a can of puncture repair foam started leaking. I threw it in the sink to contain the mess, but the cooker was on and I was suddenly in the midst of a massive fireball.

Managed to throw the fireblanket on it (moved to above the sink just yesterday) and apart from some frazzled hair and eyebrows there is miraculously no damage done.  Christ, I'm lucky to be alive, let alone still have a boat to live in.

Remedial wine is being drunk.

Good to hear it! I heard it through the grapevine that the boat had been completely destroyed! Wasn't sure how to get in touch with you so checked here :D I was going to organise a gofundme and a series of fundraising gigs and everything. Guess I'll just keep the money I've raised so far then.

Link Prime

Quote from: johnnystress on 03 September, 2021, 12:37:28 PM

Good to hear it! I heard it through the grapevine that the boat had been completely destroyed! Wasn't sure how to get in touch with you so checked here :D I was going to organise a gofundme and a series of fundraising gigs and everything.

Johnny, sorry to break this to you - JBC actually passed last year after smoking a rollie full of nettles and horse manure while pissed.
His last request to be buried at sea couldn't be met due to the boat being in such poor nick.

Me and the lads put a few quid together to have him thrown off the Forty Foot in a bin liner.

johnnystress

paddykafka

Quote from: johnnystress on 03 September, 2021, 05:15:35 PM
Sniff. It's what he would have wanted.

In fairness, we tried to warn him that Pirates of the Caribbean Cos-play method acting would be his undoing. But he was quite beyond all reason.  :'(

JayzusB.Christ

Ah, I see. You feckers.   :lol:

Nah, the kitchen fireblanket incident was a separate one a couple of years ago - the boat actually is completely destroyed this time round.  I'm still standing though!

EDIT - I will still accept the offer of being thrown off the Forty-Foot in a binliner whenever I do pass.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"