Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Rogue Trooper (Friday) vs. Storm Warning Rd 3 Heat 24

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 May, 2022, 06:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 3 of Round 3 is 'One and Done' week with no fewer than 3 of the surviving Future Shockesque stories appearing. They all have very interesting ties and ... well we'll see. In my mind though, intriguing as those clashes are, is a modern master's face-off that is one of the ties of the Round for me, not everyone I imagine, but for me...

You could wonder how the heck a thrill like Friday's Rogue Trooper has got to Round 3, when we've lost thrills like Devlin Waugh and Zombo already. Well here we must understand luck of the draw and to be fair Friday has rid us of both Dinosty and Dead Meat so far, so it's doing everyone favours. Storm Warning has had a harder passage ... well after Really and Truly taking out okayyyy thrill Asylum.

Storm Warning - more info

Vs

Rogue Trooper (Friday) - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 29th May and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Aaron A Aardvark

Wait... Friday's still in it? Wait... Storm Who..?

Rogue Trooper (Friday), I guess.

rogue69

Link Prime

Rogue Trooper (Friday) all the way to the ends of "Nu Earth 2".

IndigoPrime

Storm Warning had little impact on me, but Fr1day was mostly just garbage. Re-reading it in the UC was a bit of a shock. The original story wasn't nearly as good as I remembered it, and even the John Smith stories weren't all that. So: Storm Warning.

Magnetica

AlexF

I can't deny there's part of my brain that has a soft spot for ol' Friday and his hapless adventures - but casting that aside Storm Warning is bold and different and rather handsome, am hoping it comes back for more before too long. For a strip about the adventures of a female psi-powered judge, it's impressive that has actually managed to forge its own path.

Storm Warning, has to be.

Funt Solo

So, from my perspective (yes, the correct one), Fr1day is really a vote for The War Machine:

Storm Warning, on the other hand, doesn't force you to excise a large chunk of the published material as it's all pretty solid stuff. I liked how Storm Warning broadened out our view of the future UK beyond the borders of Brit-Cit. I'd like to see more.

Storm Warning, please.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Storm Warning knows what it's trying to be - a series of ghost stories riffing on Machen, Blackwood, MR James and the like, carving out a uniquely British take on the Psi-judge strip - and therefore has something to say.

Whereas Fr1day was just Rogue, but without any clear direction or any of the fun stuff.
@jamesfeistdraws

Rogue Judge

Rogue Trooper (Friday). Really enjoyed War Machine...Storm Warning is solid, but I enjoy Future War more.

abelardsnazz

Colin YNWA

Tomorrow, tomorrow
You can vote til tomorrow
so few votes here up to today.