Main Menu

MISTY! & scream 2020 Special

Started by Professor Bear, 29 September, 2020, 02:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repoman

My problem with all three specials is that Scream isn't as represented as much as I'd like but that was a neat wrap up for The Dracula File.  I really liked the art style they used in the 2017 special.  It's a shame they didn't return to that but to get an actual ending was nice.

I'm a sucker for Kek-W stuff so I really enjoyed Black Max but like Bear says, the schedule didn't help it at all.  The art was great and Kek did well but this is one series I'd like to see get a bit more space.

I didn't much care for Black Beth in the 88 Scream special and it was worse now, especially with that art.  It's just not for me.

Thief of Senses was a mess.  The set up was slow and a bit dull and the ending was really poorly put together with some poorly put together panels.  There's a seed of a good idea there though.

The Aegis One for the kids.  Didn't care for it much.

Bumps in the Night had a Ghastly Tale feel to it.  Artwork was good but the story wasn't up to much.

It's nice to see them keep the Scream! name alive but I don't think these crossovers have been great.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Professor Bear on 18 October, 2020, 02:35:02 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 October, 2020, 11:48:28 PM
I want this, but there's no digital version.  The Scream / Misty special will always have a particularly spooky appeal for me  - I'd just had a nightmare about some evil global organisation with a three-armed swastika as a symbol, then woke up and immediately read a story in the first issue that featured exactly that.

Sounds like you had a bad dream about Isle Of Man supremacists - the worst kind of Nazis.

Man, I've been there.  (On a family holiday when I was about 14.) I've seen what those people are capable of.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Anyone pick up the 'Misty Winter Special'?

Can't find any reviews on the forum, wondering if it is worth a look, or the half-expected cutesy twaddle.

Bolt-01

This special came yesterday and I think I need to read it again to really digest it.

robprosser

Hmmm I can't say I was impressed. Probably the weakest of the year's specials for me.

Link Prime

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 02 December, 2020, 12:57:31 PM
This special came yesterday and I think I need to read it again to really digest it.

Very evasive, Bolt!

Richard S.

I've noticed that there are some original Dani pages for sale on t'internet - details https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2021/08/black-beth-art-by-dani.html
For 2,500+ other posts about all aspects of British comics then why not check out my blog at
https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/

Follow me on twitter @richardandsheaf

Richard S.

For 2,500+ other posts about all aspects of British comics then why not check out my blog at
https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/

Follow me on twitter @richardandsheaf

Colin YNWA

There are some stunning page there. And not just from Dani - damn I wish I was in the market at the moment.