Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Quote from: sheridan on 24 October, 2021, 12:01:29 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 20 October, 2021, 01:30:00 PM
Been keeping my eyes peeled for this for sometime and finally we have a listing for the 45 Years of 2000AD book that was announced sometime back.
Not able to preorder yet, but there's some preview images that promises it to be something very special!!!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/45-Years-2000-Ad-Anniversary/dp/1786185717/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

They're 'avin' a larf with the Amazon description though (emphasis mine):
QuoteKevin O'Neill is a 2000 AD legend. From working as an art assistant on the very first prog, he quickly became involved in the creative side of the comic, co-creating classics like A.B.C. Warriors, Bonjo From Beyond The Stars, Metalzoic and Nemesis the Warlock.

What the hell is Bonjo From Beyond The Stars?
Still, he did co-create it, so it's relevant I guess.
Any road up, the book is now up for pre-order at a rather reasonable £25!!!
Definitely on the Xmas list!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: dweezil2 on 24 October, 2021, 02:14:31 PM
Been keeping my eyes peeled for this for sometime and finally we have a listing for the 45 Years of 2000AD book that was announced sometime back.
Not able to preorder yet, but there's some preview images that promises it to be something very special!!!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/45-Years-2000-Ad-Anniversary/dp/1786185717/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

QuoteKevin O'Neill is a 2000 AD legend. From working as an art assistant on the very first prog, he quickly became involved in the creative side of the comic, co-creating classics like A.B.C. Warriors, Bonjo From Beyond The Stars, Metalzoic and Nemesis the Warlock.

Not sure who ok'd this press release!  :)

https://britishcomics.fandom.com/wiki/Bonjo_from_Beyond_the_Stars
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

sheridan

Quote from: broodblik on 21 October, 2021, 07:46:29 AM
The upcoming epic from John Wagner will be collected and it looks like it will also contains stories from his latest stuff from the prog. "Removal Man" art by Colin MacNeil and "Now that's what I call Justice" art by John Higgins.

Cover for The Citadel:

Down the Tubes has some more detail on the set up of the story.

dweezil2

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 24 October, 2021, 02:17:01 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 24 October, 2021, 02:14:31 PM

Not sure who ok'd this press release!  :)

https://britishcomics.fandom.com/wiki/Bonjo_from_Beyond_the_Stars

Cheers for the link, I'll have to dig out the old Progs as I can't recall anything about it.
Also, I edited my initial comment, as it seemed a bit mean.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Corinthian

It's mainly a quarter-page strip in the Nerve Centre but expands to a full page in a couple of progs.

broodblik

What is coming to the prog and meg early next year (and people wondered what[spoiler] Henry Flint[/spoiler] was doing):

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/2000ad-kicks-off-45th-anniversary-in-rebellion-january-2022-solicits/

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 26 October, 2021, 04:31:14 AM
What is coming to the prog and meg early next year (and people wondered what[spoiler] Henry Flint[/spoiler] was doing):

Absolutely fascinating that its in the floppies - Tharg really is experimenting. I guess (???) its a bit like the way that's been used to prelaunch the Encyclopedia?

Of course the most exciting news if LAWLESS. That always makes me happy.

Dash Decent

The Art of Carlos Ezquerra - Hardback, 240 pages, 10th May 2022

"Carlos Ezquerra's amazing work is collected in this oversized hardcover book, showing off his impressive art that has entranced readers for over 50 years.

Spanning 50 years, this collection of Carlos Ezquerra's comic work begins with samples from such titles as Valentine and Mirabelle, collects never before reprinted short war comics from Battle, shows off his sumptuous colour Strontium Dog art, and culminates with a section on his 2000 AD work and his greatest creation, Judge Dredd."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Essential Judge Dredd: Necropolis - Paperback, 160 pages, 7th June 2022

"The Essential Judge Dredd series is the perfect introduction to the Lawman of the Future - in Necropolis Judge Dredd must face off against his most popular foe, Judge Death!

The essential Judge Dredd graphic novel series - the ultimate introduction to the Lawman of the Future!

Mega-City One is under siege from the Dark Judges, Dredd has been exiled to the harsh wastelands of the Cursed Earth and time is running out for the citizens he once swore to protect. With the body-count rising and hope running out, will the Judges be able to turn back the tide of death?

Essential Judge Dredd: Necropolis is the ultimate Judge Dredd Vs The Dark Judges storyline. A comic book 'summer blockbuster', written and drawn by Dredd's co-creators John Wagner (A History of Violence) and Carlos Ezquerra (Strontium Dog), where Dredd must reclaim his badge from the imposter Judge Kraken and retake Mega-City One from the grip of the Dark Judges; Death, Fear, Fire and Mortis."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

2000AD Regened volume 4 - Paperback, 112 pages, 19th July 2022

"The fourth volume of 2000 AD's critically acclaimed all ages anthology is here to deliver fresh, fast and furious thrills to younger readers!

The joy of Regened is that it's a proper all-ages thing, something for young and old - Comicon.com

2000 AD's all ages science fiction anthology series is returns with a fourth thrill-powered collection of epic, action packed stories featuring all of your favourite characters and a brand new, exclusive Harlem Heroes strip! Cadet Dredd goes undercover as a renegade runaway! It's the Harlem Heroes versus the Harlem Hellcats in the most dangerous - and deadly - aeroball game Mega-City One's ever seen! Does Chopper have what it takes to evade the Judges and win the Sky Surfing competition? Travel to other dimensions with Jaina and Jacen in 'Splorers! And Judge Anderson is back with another collection of brainbusting puzzles! It's the Galaxy's best and brightest all-ages comic - it's 2000 AD Regened!"

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Brink Book Five - Paperback, 128 pages, 16th August 2022

"The fifth volume of the best-selling sci-fi detective series - Agent Brinkmann's death is investigated by a journalist who uncovers more than he initially suspected.

The year is 2096 and Earth has been reduced to an uninhabited wasteland. What was left of humanity was evacuated into overpopulated space stations, or 'Habitats'.

Nolan Maslow, a journalist working for The Herald, is investigating the death of HSD agent Brinkmann and the sect that has infiltrated the maintenance workers of Ludmilla Habitat. He will find out that even his most outrageous theories cannot encompass what is actually happening behind the scenes of the habitat.

Taking place during the events of Brink Book One, this graphic novel adds extra layers to the story of Bridget Kurtis and her ongoing fight against the forces which are haunting the remains of humanity and driving them to madness."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

45 Years of 2000 Ad - The Best of Gerry Finley-Day
- Hardback, 244 pages, 16th August 2022

"Classic 2000 AD strips from the 'Galaxy's Greatest' ideas man!

From Tammy to the Eagle, Gerry Finley-Day was one of the most prolific comic book writers throughout the 1970s and 80s.

His work for 2000 AD in particular was extraordinary and included such beloved strips as future war G.I. Rogue Trooper, the 'Great escape' in space titled Harry 20 on the High Rock, the Star Wars inspired V.C.'s and a gritty 1970s take on the iconic Eagle character Dan Dare.

This collection contains some of Gerry's greatest work on these strips and more. Tight plots, non-stop action and plenty of thrills are here in abundance and highlight why 2000 AD became the stand out comic title in Britain."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

<< Tag-teams back to broodblik >>
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Dash Decent on 26 October, 2021, 06:51:39 AM
The Art of Carlos Ezquerra - Hardback, 240 pages, 10th May 2022

"Carlos Ezquerra's amazing work is collected in this oversized hardcover book, showing off his impressive art that has entranced readers for over 50 years.

Spanning 50 years, this collection of Carlos Ezquerra's comic work begins with samples from such titles as Valentine and Mirabelle, collects never before reprinted short war comics from Battle, shows off his sumptuous colour Strontium Dog art, and culminates with a section on his 2000 AD work and his greatest creation, Judge Dredd."

This is an absolute must, very exciting! Love that it's an oversized hardback too.

Colin YNWA

Some great looking stuff coming out. Rebellion are doing a big job on the 45th and really seem to be getting some great stuff out to celebrate. Look like 2022 will be a fun year.