Main Menu

Grandville - The End

Started by JamesC, 19 December, 2017, 07:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

I've just read Force Majeure and thought it deserved its own thread because, that's it, no more Grandville ever.
Thankfully this is quite possibly the greatest volume yet. It's so accomplished, the story and characters are first rate, the artwork is stunning, the presentation is just fantastic. If you haven't read Grandville, I urge you to sort your life out.
The final words from Bryan Talbot at the end of the volume confirm this is the last we'll ever see of Inspector LeBrock. It's quite touching and sad to hear Bryan's thoughts and feelings on the creative process. It's clear these books are a labour of love and we should all be grateful to have them.

Michael Knight

I absolutely love the Grandville series. I purchased this volume the other day and look forward to reading the concluding chapter over the Christmas break. Bryan Talbot is such a lovely chap to meet in person and a t a con a few years ago he did a lovely etching on the inside covers of two of the Grandville volumes. It is clearly a project he loves. I really cant recommend this series highly enough. The art and storytelling are superb and the story gets better with every volume. Im sad its coming to a conclusion. 

Bad City Blue

Thanks, I didn't know this was out.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Dandontdare

I meant to post about this a few weeks ago - while in London I popped into Orbital where they'd just had a launch signing a few days previously - not only did I snag a signed copy (at less than rrp!) they had a lovely gallery of original art.

It truly is a great book - the last third or so is wrapped in a black plastic spoiler shield so you don't accidentally reveal the twist (which seems pretty obvious, but turns out to be more twisty than I'd guessed!). Art and story are as good as you'd expect if you're read the previous volumes, and as always it's a beautifully designed and produced piece of work. Nice nod to Leo Baxendale, and I liked the 'famous detectives' section of Madam Tussauds featuring other anthropomorphic 'tecs such as Blacksad and Hip Flask