Main Menu

Tor Cyan

Started by kertap, 08 February, 2002, 10:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kertap

Is Tor Cyan Rogue trooper or what

JTurner

I've heard that's coming up in a forthcoming prog, apparently Cyan's looking for or has got Rogue's biochip. I think.

kertap

That is Tre confusing.

JTurner

Don't take my word as gospel. Practically the first prog I brought had Rogue and Venus flying into a black hole (unlike most people here I've not been reading 2K since the start), so I have no history with Rogue. Though there seems to have been 2 Rogues at one point, anyone care to explain this to me? Cyan seems to be only an average character, he was better as a supporting role, now the fans hungry for the return of Rogue Trooper seem to have unjustly raised him above his station.

kertap

Like you I only started reading recently (well prog 2000). I have read earlier ones though. This is probably inacurate. There were to rogue troopers. The first appeared in progs 228 to 578 on and off. I ahve no idea what happened to him. Then in prog  he was brought back. He was given the name of friday. It appeared that this was a different rogue trooper, he had no biochip buddies but he got some later on. Again these were different buddies. Then as the series progressed Friday met the original rogue and everybody was confused. Also there was a thing with friday trying to get his buddies new bodies and stuff. All crazy.

kertap

Correction

Then in prog 650 he was brought back in a story called the war machine

McNulty

Maybe I can shed some light...
The original Rogue Trooper is dead. As is Helm and Bagman, two of his biochipped buddies. This all stems from a story where Friday and his buddies meet up with Rogue and co. By the end of this, only Gunnar was still with us, who replaced Eight-Ball as Friday's rifle biochip. This was to give some continuity and validity to the further Friday stories.
As for Tor Cyan, there was a story where he visited Nu Earth and laid a broken biochip at a massive memorial for all the fallen. The chip had the word "Rogue" on it. Take from this what yoou will...

paulvonscott

But.. wait  

it... was all... a dream...

none.. of it... happened...

when... you... wake (hi wake)....

you'll... have forgotten....

everything...

I wish I could.  It's worse than a Brazilian soap opera.

It was always very lucky that they had the right numbers, wasn't it, in the original strip 1,2,3.   And what are the odds that it was helm, gunnar and bagman that got hit.  It could have been poor old kettle, toaster and pocket calculator.

"toasted muffins, 5 o'clock!"

"Thanks Toaster, Calculator, what are the odds on surviving without any proper weapons?"

"Fancy a cup of tea Rogue, you must be parched?"

"Not now kettle"

ETC

THE END

TILL NEXT TIME WE ATTACH THE ELECTRODES TO HIS CORPSE

W. R. Logan

If you're fans of Rogue Trooper take a look at P. J. Holdens website for a look at Rogues lesser known bio-chip buddy.

Goto:
www.pauljholden.com

click on the 'daily pic' link and then click on:
"The Adventures Of Rogue's Lesser Known Buddy"

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

paulvonscott

I say actually it's a bit crude!

PVS

very good :)