Main Menu

Titan Miniatures

Started by chopper666, 01 March, 2002, 12:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chopper666

Hi everyone,
I am currently writing a review of all the 2000AD related games and miniatures that have been released over the years for Wake and the official 2000AD site (ie this one)and it is now more or less finished, but I am missing info on the 54mm scale miniatures that where released by Titan Books, under Games Workshop, back in 1979/80. I have a list at the moment of all I can remember that where released, but still have gaps in the list, and would love to know who was the scupltor if anyone knows. Here is a quick list of what I have so far.
JUDGE  DREDD
JUDGE DEATH
JUDGE FEAR
JUDGE FIRE
JUDGE MORITS
JUDGE ANDERSON
JUDGE CAL
SJS JUDGE
TWEAK
MEAN MACHINE ANGEL
KLEGG
FERGEE
SAM SLADE: ROBOHUNTER

If anyone has any more to add to this list can you please contact me at chopper@dreddtimes.com or via my website Dredd Times.
Thanks everyone
Marc

Link: http://www.dreddtimes.com/" target="_blank">Dredd Times

Leigh S

Dont know if I'm imagining this, but wasnt there a Spikes Harvey Rotten?

McNulty

Hold on a sec while I get my anorak on...

These are the Games Workshop figures I collected years ago. Still got them.
Note: All are Standing unless otherwise stated.

Judges:
Generic 3
Dredd 2 (Standing) (+1 on Lawmaster)
Giant 1 (Standing)
Anderson 2 (Standing) (+1 on Lawmaster)
Quincy
Cal
Reed
Female Judge (Obviously Hershey) 1 (Standing) (+1 on Lawmaster)
SJS Judge
Brit Cit Judge on Lawmaster
Riot Squad Judges – Sonic gun, Riot foam, Stumm gas

Perps:
Generic 14
Wrecker
Scrawler
Theorald Wen
Juve – Kneepad Kid
Drew
Lambretta
Shogun
Ape Gang – Don Uggie, Joe Bananas, Fast Eek
Sky Surfers – Chopper, Hondo Cit surfer, Texas Cit surfer
Angel Gang – Pa, Link, Fink, Mean, Junior
Dark Judges – Death 2, Fear, fire, Mortis
Klegg 2

Muties:
Generic 2
Gomorrah
Obee
Jobee
Crazy Joseph
Two-Heads
Three Eyes
Skink
The Ghoul
Rhode Island Red

Citizens
Generic 1
Fatties 4
Uglies 5
Businessman

Non Judge Dredd

Rogue Trooper with Gunnar only
Rogue Trooper with Bazooka
Sniper Morgan
Major Magnum

I'm sure that these were not the only Games Workshop miniatures made for 2000AD, but they were all I collected. Excuse me while I go wash off all the lead from my hands...

Mk13

There were more Rogue figures than that - definitely Nort Troper, Souther Trooper, Traitor General, and I think there was a Venus Bluegenes too.

I also have a distant recollection there were once some Stronty figures too - anyone else remember em?

paulvonscott

Yeah, there was a Wulf, a Johnn and a Gronk.  I was rather please with me paint job on them.

You are right about the rogue trooper, but there wasn't a Souther trooper (though there was a figure in another range that was a dead ringer), the fourth figure was - gah! I have forgotten his name! You know, the sniper with the helmet.  Someone will point it out no doubt.

There were probably some other Dredd figures.  Of course those were all Games Workshop and not Titan.

I don't think I have any figures that aren't on the list.  My favourites of the Titan is the Klegg, which is big enough to kill a man at ten paces in a duel.

Poor Duke de Flimble.  He shouldn't have let me choose the weapons.

Cheers

PVS

chopper666

Hi folks,
Thanks for all the help here with the information on the miniatures. I have a complete list of the miniatures that Games Workshop released for the roleplaying game, and the board games (including Rogue Trooper). The real information I was after was pertaining the larger 54mm scale miniatures from Titan Books, and now I have most of that info I can continue with the article.

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Marc

Link: http://www.dreddtimes.com/" target="_blank">Dredd Times

http://www.dreddtimes.com/timesbanner.gif">

Mk13

Nah, the sniper was mentioned in earlier - wasn't he called Norton, Noorton, Morton, or summat like that?

Coulda sworn there was a Souther trooper, but you're dead right, there was another GW figure that blatantly ripped it off - wasn't it one of their 'Space Pirates' range of early 40K figures?

paulvonscott

Yes, Mk 13, sad bastard I am, I even know the name of that figure. It was Abaddon from the mercenaries range.  I hadn't wanted to reveal that, but there you go.

There was three different rogues, one venus, one traitor, one nort, one sniper and one major magnum.

Ah thank yeu!