Main Menu

Burn Notice

Started by Van Dom, 02 December, 2009, 08:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Dom

Just wondering if anyone else watches this show? Its absolutely fantastic stuff.
I just watched the Season 2 finale last night and was blown away by it. 45 minutes of utter coolness. Who needs movies when tv is this good???

If you haven't seen it, I'll describe it like this - its The Prisoner meets The A-Team meets MacGyver, with BRUCE CAMPBELL and an unbelievably sexy Gabrielle Anwar (you have to see her in this show to believe it, every episode some serious jaw-dropping-ness occurs when she appears on screen.) Everybody should be watching this! Its TV Heaven!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Van Dom

Quote from: Van Dom on 02 December, 2009, 08:34:36 AM
Just wondering if anyone else watches this show?

Obviously not! ;)
Well, all I can say is I highly recommend it and if you ever happen across, check it out! Great show!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Don't double post please!!!! >:(
I'm in the process of recording Season 2 on FX  so I can watch it. ;D
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

He's back!  Good to see you're still about Batson, and angrily smilied as ever!

Do we care much about double-posts round here?  I know other boards make a big deal of it, but most of us have been known to talk to ourselves from time to time, and I suppose Jim more-or-less has to now everyone's on his Ignore list....   :-*

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Van Dom on 03 December, 2009, 10:00:44 PM
Quote from: Van Dom on 02 December, 2009, 08:34:36 AM
Just wondering if anyone else watches this show?

Obviously not! ;)

No, but you've certainly intrigued me enough for me to be keeping an eye out for it. Especially the mention of Bruce 'Don't call me Ash' Campbell!

And Batson - get over yourself.
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

I've beem meaning to give it a try but I don't have satellite or cable or any of that.
We never really die.

pauljholden

Saw the first series but haven't managed to catch (or even find) the second series - series one was great - felt like a good old fashioned 80s tv series but really updated. (And yer woman sensibly dropped her terrible, TERRIBLE irish accent she was using in the first few episodes).

-pj

pauljholden

Also: don't worry too much about double posting. As long as it doesn't get excessive I don't think most of the people around here will mind.

-pj

Van Dom

Season 2 is on FX at the moment PJ but its a good few weeks into it. The way you described it is exactly why I love it - it has all the 80s spy show conventions but completely modernised and updated. I mentioned The A Team and MacGyver already, you could throw a bit of Magnum PI in there as well! Season 3 is on in the States and its been renewed for 4 so theres plenty of it to watch for those people who are afraid of committing to a show these days, when you have no idea when it is going to be cancelled!

And sorry about the double post thing, didn't realise that was a "thing". Don't see it as being something to get QUITE so worked up about (surely there's a lot more annoying things that can happen in a given day) but I'll make a note of it!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

VinceBot

Its more of a thread bump, and one's fine - it's even in the rules.

I've been watching Burn Notice and I've really enjoyed it so far - same reasons mentioned above. Its got that great 75% stand-alone, 25% story arc thing going on, so it always stays fresh and original, but can grow, too. It's somewhere between Chuck and the A-team and MacGyver. I would recommend it to anybody.

I caught up with the series quite late and ploughed through season 1 and 2. Series 3 went on a break in mid-august, and it seems like forever since then - the second half doesn't start until the end of January!

Came for the Bruce Campbell, stayed for the Jeffrey Donovan [spoiler](not gay)[/spoiler].

Tiplodocus

One of my mates is a dead ringer for one of the stars in this show.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

vzzbux

Nothing wrong with double posts. It's the Triple posts you have to keep your eye out for..
And there isn't anything wrong with talking to yourself is there.
No there isn't Vzzbux.
Thank you for your input.
That's OK.
Don't mention it.
Hey what about me why are you ignoring me.
Oh sorry.
Yeh we wont do it again.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Van Dom

Quote from: VinceBot on 05 December, 2009, 12:45:30 AM

Came for the Bruce Campbell, stayed for the Jeffrey Donovan [spoiler](not gay)[/spoiler].

Me neither, but I know what you mean! I'm on season 3 now and forcing myself to stop at 1 episode per night so I can get a few more days out of it!!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

ThryllSeekyr

Just watched two promos for this and thought of those other shows, but CSI MIAMI, GTA MIAMI.

Ons seeing Gabriell Anwar being intereviewed. Abit old for my likeing.but I shouldn't complain too fussy I guess.

{b]Burn Notice[/b] weird concept and not entirely foriegn to me.