Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPMaybe

Anybody else drowning their sorrows in Aberdeen? Fuck me I could use some wallowing company.
Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 May, 2015, 10:35:40 PM
Quote from: JPMaybe on 07 May, 2015, 10:20:28 PM
Jesus fuck. This must be how my parents felt for all of the eighties.

2000AD thrives in such conditions.

There's the silver lining.
Lock up your spoons!

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 May, 2015, 10:35:40 PM
2000AD thrives in such conditions

... and there was never a soap shortage in Germany between 1942 and 1945. Nobody wanted a Tory victory, but the truth is that Labour did not deserve to win in any way. They're an incompetent and pathetically craven, shambling zombie version of the horror that was New Labour.

They haven't changed at all, and they needed a humiliating failure on this kind of scale to reinforce the message that the Blair schtick isn't working anymore. Maybe now they'll stop trying to claim the centre ground and offer the electorate a genuine alternative, instead of Tory-lite, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Seems to me that the Tories have successfully argued a vote for anyone else is a vote for the SNP, so Labour have been disowned across the country.

Still, it's a bit early to tell.

I'm off to bed, so I'll find out in the morning.

Good luck to anyone staying up!
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

If anyone's looking for some light relief from a blackly comic vision of a dystopian future, Robocop's on SyFy.
We never really die.

Grugz

have heart comrades better the devil you know and at least Gordon brown and tony blair aint nowhere near by ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Professor Bear

Goaty

For exit polls, they ask 22,000 people?

IndigoPrime

That exit poll had better be an almighty fuck-up or... good God.

Colin Zeal

I feel like the cab driver from Zenith phase IV. "bloody tories have walked it again." Or words to that affect.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: JPMaybe on 07 May, 2015, 10:20:28 PM
Jesus fuck. This must be how my parents felt for all of the eighties.

Jim had the quote of the day - this is now the quote of the evening. What, I wonder, will be the quote of tomorrow...

Quote from: TheLegendaryShark on 08 May, 2015, 09:45:39 AM
This is what happens when you eat all the corn they feed you, little chickens. Although don't ask me for an alternative answer because surely... you  already know it.
Think about it.

Professor Bear

When I say I find the numbers unbelievable, I do not mean that figuratively, I mean I find the numbers literally unbelievable.  If the result had been a squeaker, then maybe... but the numbers as they are don't really seem plausible, as if the country had really swung so significantly to the right, UKIP would have done a lot better considering the low-risk campaign the Tories were running.

Eh.  Beer time.  And lots of it.

Colin Zeal

I've run out of beer so I'm going to bed. It's too depressing to watch without alcohol.

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't worry, after three results, Labour are in the lead by three!