Main Menu

Thank You... Ron!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 28 August, 2011, 07:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

A few short hours ago I received a telephone call from Mr Ron Smith, thanking us all for the comic which he received this morning. To say that he was completely flabbergasted, blown-away and overjoyed would be to employ three understatements all in one sentence.

A lovely gentleman to talk to, he wished me to pass on to you all his heartfelt gratitude for this tribute and special thanks to everyone who has taken the time and effort to contribute. I could tell from his voice that he was deeply touched and I will unashamedly admit to issuing a small tear as I put the phone down. All that waiting and frustration was worth it in the end and I hope that you all have as much pride in yourselves as I have in you. You're all stars and you have made an old man very happy. You have also made Ron very happy, too!

I have already emailed all the contributors with links to the Digital Contributors' Copy of the Tribute Comic and will be releasing the link to the Public Copy this evening in the Rowdy Yates Block Citizens' Yap Shop over at PalTalk (to get there, click the Yap Shop link in my sig or follow the instructions in the Wednesday Night Chat or the Intercourse of Beautiful People threads).

Thank you all once again for your time, your talent and your patience. It is people like you who make me proud to be a Squaxx.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

strontium71

It's people like you who make me proud to have been a very small part of it!
I'm so happy that Ron was pleased - I'm sure it made his day.
Well done again Shark , you should be rightly proud of yourself!
...because I hate you.

Albion

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 April, 2012, 01:44:42 PM
I have already emailed all the contributors with links to the Digital Contributors' Copy of the Tribute Comic

i never did get the email with the link in it. :(   Did my piece get put in?

Anyway, great to hear Ron was pleased with it.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

bluemeanie

Looked great Mr Shark. Hats off to you once again sir and thanks for allowing me to chip in

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Albion on 18 April, 2012, 02:17:22 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 April, 2012, 01:44:42 PM
I have already emailed all the contributors with links to the Digital Contributors' Copy of the Tribute Comic

i never did get the email with the link in it. :(   Did my piece get put in?

Anyway, great to hear Ron was pleased with it.

Email me your details at thanksron@gmail.com and I'll look into it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

DoomBot

Looks fantastic Mr Shark. Hugely pleased that Ron liked it and thanks to you for pulling it together, it's a great achievement.

dracula1

Sir Shark

:o that looks spectacular put together. A very touching moment for me too reading the email and links you kindly sent earlier. It has worked 110% based on Ron's reaction. This has been the event of the year for me so far. Thanks again for orchestrating this wonderful project.

Pete Wells

Yay, a stonkin' read! Well done everyone and cheers Sharky!

Neil McClements

Well done Sharky you've done a lovely book there, it's a very nice gift for Ron and I'm glad it went down so well.

TordelBack

May the FSM bless you Sharky, you're the best of us.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 April, 2012, 06:03:37 PM

Seconded. Sharky, you give me hope for humankind.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

strontium_dog_90

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 April, 2012, 07:43:39 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 18 April, 2012, 06:03:37 PM

Seconded. Sharky, you give me hope for humankind.

Consider that thirded. You're a true credit to fandom.

The Legendary Shark

Oh, behave! I'll take my share of the thanks, sure I will, but this is down to a lot more people than just me. Every contributor deserves at least as much thanks, if not more - because without you there'd be nothing to show for it. So thanks for the thanks, warmly received, but don't forget to also thank the contributors and yourselves for your support and enthusiasm.

We've all shone a little sunshine into the life of a Legend today - and that's what makes me proud to be a small part of this generous and heart warming community.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Albion

Well done shark, even if there was one small error.  ;) Also well done everyone who took part.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

The Legendary Shark

I can't apologise enough for that, Albi. I'm so sorry. God bless you for your understanding, but I'm sure you must be miffed. I have forwarded your contribution via email - it's a bit of a tortuous route I'm afraid, but I'm reasonably confident that Ron will at least get to see it. I know that's small consolation and if I can think of something better I'll get right on it. Once again, I'm so sorry to have accidentally left your contribution out. It was frankly unforgivable of me and I'm feeling like an utter muppet over it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]