Main Menu

Edgy to write The Avengers

Started by O Lucky Stevie!, 27 April, 2014, 07:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

The proper Avengers.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/22/boom-announces-uber-stylish-spy-fi-series-steed-and-mrs-peel/

Boom! announces today that there's going to be a new 6-part series debuting in July capturing the spirit of the classic British spy-fi TV series from the 60's, The Avengers, titled Steed and Mrs. Peel. The limited series will be written by the celebrated writer on Vertigo's Hinterkind, Ian Edginton, who's also known for his collaboration with I.N.J. Culbard on Selfmade Hero's well received series of Sherlock Holmes graphic novels.

Artist Marco Cosentino of Grimm Fairy Tales and cover artist Stacey Lee join Edginton in bringing these two iconic Avengers characters to a new medium. It's a return to the roots of spy fiction grounded in iconic style and witty dialogue drawing on over 50 years of Avengers tradition. But this isn't just a homage piece. Edginton and Cosentino are taking John Steed and Emma Peel on a "psychedelic" hunt on the trail of a new conspiracy.

Look out for the new series in July, and watch for an upcoming interview with Ian Edginton about the project here at Bleeding Cool.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Hawkmumbler

Theirs always room in my life for some Avengers! :D

Frank

I wonder how Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman fit into the Edgintonverse? I confidently predict references to the time Mrs Peel married James Bond and Steed's tenure as patriarch of a werewolf colony in Marin County.