Main Menu

I made a new Dan Dare book (fans of the new Eagle / Ian Kennedy)

Started by matty_ae, 10 March, 2015, 12:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dM92DjpFBc

This is the last of seven books I've tried to do completing every Ian Kennedy story.
I've placed the covers where they 'read' best so it interesting slotting them in to the story.

I've got a soft spot for the two Dan Dares meeting up, even if the writing is pretty unspectacular - the art is a triumph.

One for the pedants - i did leave out the final Ian Kennedy story 'Galactic Marshall pt 1' where he rounds up a teenager to help him fight something - I couldn't face it. I love the final special story 'Don't drink the water'.

Professor Bear

Coming around here waving collected editions of Carlos Cruz colour Dan Dare artwork we can't buy - people like you are worse than Hitler, sir.

Fair play Tully wasn't firing on all cylinders with Dare at the time, but I have an unhealthy love for the big chunky logo Eagle used between issues 259-323 (it's probably the only completely uninterrupted run of the book I have) when the time travel/Galactic Marshal stuff kicked off:

and during this period it has Bronski, Survival, Zed, Dan Dare's space-redneck costume redesign - so the book was more or less the 1980s-est thing you could possibly come across.

WhizzBang

It looks lovely. Such a shame these can not be made widely available.

Colin YNWA

Right you'll excuse my dozyness here but have you made a physical custom bind of this? In which case I'm sicken by the degree of jealousocity (it is so a word, go look it up) I'm capable of...

matty_ae

Hi.

I'm using a photo book deal (deal zippy.co.uk) and building a 100 page book
which they print out as a hardback

I'm sure 99.9999999% of photo books are wedding albums so its quite funny to think of a Dan Dare book rolling off the line.

Only slightly annoying thing is that the company doesn't keep files after 2 months so all my previous books are gone! (I did print out 2 of the first 3 if anyone wants to swap for some art of something).