Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Leigh S on 07 January, 2022, 04:43:08 PM

I do kind of hope they collect the Stront Dogs stories instead of the Durham Red stuff, which may as wellbe anther character - I mean, you can say that about the Dogs stuff, but it would be useful to have all the Dogs stuff ifnally collected for reappraisal

It's been about 2 years since I've been able to see anyone's forum Avatar - but If I recall correctly yours was Strontium Dog related Leigh, so excuse the following - What you talkin bout Willis?

When Hogan took control of Strontium Dogs with 'Crossroads' Durham Red featured prominently, and it was clear that her ongoing solo narrative was intended to be interwoven during the Ho-Gan era.
That specific trajectory was capped-off by Abnett in 'Epicedium' when Hogan's tenure was abruptly halted, and the "new direction" Durham Red stories that were set in the far future ploughed their own furrow.

I must admit, I thought it was a classy move by Abnett having the eventual fate of Empress Redwina align with Hogan's continuity before he wrapped up his run.

Blue Cactus

I was always fond of Bullmoose the Strontium Dog. Hope he's doing ok.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 10 January, 2022, 03:22:01 PM
Hi all, sorry if I missed it but can someone tell me the contents of the Cradlegrave book? Is A Love Like Blood in there?

ALLB is indeed included, plus both runs of Stone Island.

Blue Cactus

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 11 January, 2022, 08:05:30 AM
Quote from: Blue Cactus on 10 January, 2022, 03:22:01 PM
Hi all, sorry if I missed it but can someone tell me the contents of the Cradlegrave book? Is A Love Like Blood in there?

ALLB is indeed included, plus both runs of Stone Island.

Good stuff, thanks.

Bad Andy

My goodness. How good is Brink? I didn't like the artwork for it at first (the faces still annoy me) but it is perfectly suited to the story.

Well happy to be introduced to this.

IndigoPrime

It's superb. I like the art. Like you say, it suits the strip. We should feel lucky that Abnett got a 2000 AD exception in that US contract way back, and that at least a couple of the Abnett clones are busily working on 2000 AD. (What? Surely that's the only explanation for his insane work output.)

The Monarch

sinister dexter vol 4 contains the following

wising off

low life

the off lode experience

relode

the war of the moses

oh kal kutter

junk bond

just business

scare tactics

Job Jobbed

Slow Train to Kal Cutter

all the one offs not mentioned above are not in the book also intro confirms a vol 5 but honestly with the amount of war of the moses stuff i am expecting a vol 6 too

IndigoPrime

Just got my first cherry-pick from FP: Cradlegrave. Entertaining to see the difference in packaging from Hachette. I should probably order more often from FP, frankly.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this very long thread, but Necronauts is confirmed in the intro.

Tomwe

Twinned with Storming Heaven for a FRAZER IRVING themed book?

Rara Avis

Is there any reason why Devlin Waugh hasn't been included in this yet? He's been in 107 issues apparently so should be enough for a book of his own?

IndigoPrime

Waugh was in the Dredd collection. For the most part, Dreddworld was omitted from this run.

The Monarch

waugh is on the spine so apparently we're getting a collection of  the smithless waugh stories?

IndigoPrime

I would assume so. If that includes the Kot run, I'll be cherry picking that for sure.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I've not been picking these up regularly, as with the Marvel collection, I grabbed one if I see it in WHSmith and it particularly appeals.

So I bought the latest, Sinister Dexter Vol 4, and have to sing its praises. Why we haven't had the whole lot collected is a source of mystery and frustration. I understand they haven't historically sold particularly strongly... but surely, Abnett's name and the artists' along with a recognised brand is enough to shift units. I mean, if Hope (which I love, and have bought both so far, but which surely mustn't have half the visibility of SiniDex?) can have nice paperbacks, why not Downlode's finest?

Anyway. Vol 4 is superb. But, after reading it I did notice that my hands smelled strongly of arse. Anyone else had similar problems lately?

SBT

sintec

Quote from: The Monarch on 20 January, 2022, 03:52:50 PM
sinister dexter vol 4 contains the following

Looks like they're basically following the content of Meg floppies 374-375. I'd guess the next book(s) wiill continue with the stuff that was in floppies 376-379. Wonder how much stuff we'll get after that, would be nice if this collection could bring us roughly up to date.

Quote from: IndigoPrime
If that includes the Kot run, I'll be cherry picking that for sure.

I don't think there's much else it can be is there, we got all the Smith stuff in the MC didn't we?