Main Menu

Rebellion announces 'Best of 2000 AD’ 12-issue series for 2020

Started by IndigoPrime, 06 November, 2019, 06:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

IndigoPrime

Here's hoping this sells. Seems bloody good value compared to most US comics.

Colin YNWA

Heavens only knows why - I've avoided reprint after reprint (with the odd exception) but for some reason this one has intrigued me and I'll be picking it up... why is the only question? Still looking forward to seeing what they plumb for.

Rogue Judge

Fantastic!  Really looking forward to this now...I'll pre-order through my local comic shop to make sure they carry it. Yes, great value, I'm pleased with the price point.

Bolt-01

The more I see of the design work and covers for these the more I like them.

IndigoPrime

Tom Muller is really good – and this isn't his first rodeo. Smart move by whoever at Rebellion commissioned him.

Colin YNWA

One thing that's occurred to me having read that review is I wonder why they've not thought to cash in on Al Ewing's current well deserved reputation coming off the back of Immortal Hulk?

Zombo would seem a good way to go. Adding a balance and different side to Tharg's organ. It seems they have gone for the gritter side of things.

Andy B

Good point about Al Ewing: based on this month's excellent Megazine floppy, how about some Dredd? 'The Cop' is about the right length and, better still, I've never read it.

That said, I'll be picking this up even though I already have everything in it in other collections. Those covers!

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 January, 2020, 04:50:06 PM
One thing that's occurred to me having read that review is I wonder why they've not thought to cash in on Al Ewing's current well deserved reputation coming off the back of Immortal Hulk?

One suspects that would be why Al has written an exclusive story for the FCBD M.A.C.H. issue 0.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 January, 2020, 04:50:06 PM
Zombo would seem a good way to go. Adding a balance and different side to Tharg's organ. It seems they have gone for the gritter side of things.

Possibly because Brink & Jaegir are still on-going concerns in the prog? The latter strip should appeal to the gamers in Tharg's potential audience.

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rately

Love it.

I really can't wait to get the issues in hand, and have a read.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

Quite the format change but an anthology graphic novel series seems much better suited for the way the market has gone in the last two years. Brilliant!