Main Menu

BUMPS!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 18 February, 2021, 11:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Happy 44th birthday, 2000AD!

Actually, the precise day/date is a slightly confused issue because the date on Prog #1 was the off-sale date, and the prog's early tag line — "in orbit every every Monday — has literally never been true...!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Happy birthday, Prog!  We 70s kids stick together.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

wedgeski

Happy Birthday Prog! Three years younger than me and much better looking, damn you! :)

Colin YNWA

Yeah thet've bloody well aged better than I have. While I'm looking increasing tired and battered Tharg's ol Organ is a vibrant, exciting and attractive as ever it was.

Happy Birthday you lovely ol' bastard you.

broodblik

Congrats and here is for the next 44 :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Legendary Shark

Happy birthday, ye gorgeous old flapper, ye.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mike Carroll

To celebrate 2000AD's 44th birthday, here's a link to an article I wrote last year celebrating the 43rd...

Dateline: 26 Feb 1977

Bolt-01

Was it really four years ago that we (or many of us) were all in that there London to celebrate the 40th?

Happy Birthday 2000 AD.

sbelmont

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 February, 2021, 05:20:15 PM
Was it really four years ago that we (or many of us) were all in that there London to celebrate the 40th?

Happy Birthday 2000 AD.
..and drunk the bar dry...

Happy Birthday to the Galaxy's Greatest.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 19 February, 2021, 02:27:37 PM
To celebrate 2000AD's 44th birthday, here's a link to an article I wrote last year celebrating the 43rd...

Dateline: 26 Feb 1977

Wow how did I miss that first time round - fantastic article. The first comment makes a good point - how many TVs have lasted since 1977 - the key difference being of course all those TV shows have been replaced, comics, alas not so much - well comics with actual comic strip making up more than say 20% or more of the content.

JayzusB.Christ

Yes, it's a great read.  I missed it the first time too.  Thanks, Mike!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richard

That must have taken a long time to put together!

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Richard on 20 February, 2021, 04:17:31 PM

It took a while, yeah! I had originally intended to try tracking down the missing issues throughout the year and present a revised version this year... but I forgot. :(

DrJomster

Giving someone the bumps for their birthday... I haven't heard that in a while... :)

Now, where's my pack of ready salted with the salt in a little sachet that I have to open and shake over my crisps....
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 20 February, 2021, 05:09:53 PM
Quote from: Richard on 20 February, 2021, 04:17:31 PM

It took a while, yeah! I had originally intended to try tracking down the missing issues throughout the year and present a revised version this year... but I forgot. :(

Might be a nice idea for the 45th! Thanks for the article.