Main Menu

wildstorm

Started by JimBob, 07 August, 2006, 12:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

with Dc/wildstorm releasing comics based on old fleetway properties whats the chances of seeing a Doomlord/Greenlantern face off? (Doomlord/batman wouldn't last too long "I'm Batman" "disintegrate")Do they have the Eagle rights? If so what would you like to see?

paulvonscott

They don't have the Eagle rights.  Something I'm pretty pleased about.  Fair enough David Gibbons and Garth Ennis mucking about with characters I don't care about, (and in the case of Thunderbolt Jaxon, characters Dave Gibbons isn't bothered about either) but I'd hate to see them let loose on my favourites.  No doubt every chancer will get his go, and no grave will go unplundered.

Now if Wagner/Grant were to do a new Doomlord comic, I'd be very interested.  Earth could do with a Doomlord, a bit of Noxian justice would soon sort it out!

JimBob

ah thats a pity. Didn;t really enjoy albion- wierdly paced and less enjoyable than either Jack staff of Zenith phase 3- but battler briton is quite a nice nostalgic read, and I would genuinely like to see Doomlord back at some point, although thinking about it a photomontage Sgt Streetwise featuring clinically obese californians could be equally great to see.
 Which comics back catalogues charcters do DC own? I'm guessing Lion and tiger, Whizzer and Chips, maybe Victor but as they all ended up folding into each other eg Lion and Battle ended up in eagle iirc how do they divide out the rights? I need to know if I'llever see John Byrne's Billys Boots.

Buttonman

Joe Soap reimagined with CSI type detective work and a sassy robot sidekick.http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/button71/joesoappic.jpg">

paulvonscott

Victors was DC Thompson, so they don't own that.

They own pretty much everything that wasn't sold to Maxwell (who in turn sold it to Egmont). It may be a bit murky.

Battle is owned by Egmont Fleetway.