Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

Who would have thought Idles would have the number one album? Brexit/COVID Britain apparently. So, erm, yeah... I'm listening to Bristol's finest!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Barrington Boots

Franz - the new album by Elay Arson

Technically synthwave / darkwave but a lot more experimental than that. A lot of guitars and vocals / autotune for a synthwave album, and also a fair few more modern electronic elements that I'm not savvy enough to know the right labels for. Challenging but kinda cool now the synth scene is a getting a bit oversubscribed.

It's also a concept album about Elon Musk creating a killer car with a dead mans brain and then it going on the rampage.

https://elayarson.bandcamp.com/album/franz
You're a dark horse, Boots.

ChickenStu

Listening to a bit of Bring Me The Horizon. My kid's a huge fan and I've picked up on it a bit myself.
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: broodblik on 16 May, 2020, 04:46:50 AM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 May, 2020, 03:35:20 AM
'I FINK U FREEKY' by DIE ANTWOORD

NSFS [Not Safe For Sanity]

I cannot believe people are actually listening to Die Antwoord (the answer).

They're amazing! I haven't listened to them for a couple of years though; it's time to rediscover them.  Clearly Squaxx themselves - I mean, Max Normal - and I like to imagine what Elysium would have been like if Ninja had accepted the lead role.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rately

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 October, 2020, 10:55:10 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 16 May, 2020, 04:46:50 AM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 May, 2020, 03:35:20 AM
'I FINK U FREEKY' by DIE ANTWOORD

NSFS [Not Safe For Sanity]

I cannot believe people are actually listening to Die Antwoord (the answer).

They're amazing! I haven't listened to them for a couple of years though; it's time to rediscover them.  Clearly Squaxx themselves - I mean, Max Normal - and I like to imagine what Elysium would have been like if Ninja had accepted the lead role.

I still haven't got around to watching Elysium! Is it worth a watch?

Bolt-01

I think so. I really like it. It is a very '2000 AD' film in tone.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 October, 2020, 12:41:55 PM
I think so. I really like it. It is a very '2000 AD' film in tone.

A couple of plot holes you could drive a truck through, but a lot to like about it, too. I enjoyed it.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

I'm not a huge fan of Matt Damon - I'd love to have seen Ninja, or even second choice Eminem, in it - but I liked it. It's well worth a watch. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ChickenStu

Been listening to a lot of Megadeth lately
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Rately

Cheers for the recommendations. Need to get it watched.

I really enjoyed District 9, and some of Blomkamps shorts are really brilliantly put together. Must be one of the few who enjoyed Chappie, as well, even though it is a bit of a mess of a movie.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: ChickenStu on 17 October, 2020, 12:58:17 AM
Been listening to a lot of Megadeth lately

New or old stuff? I haven't heard the last couple but everything i have heard after Youthanasia sucks (and Youthanaisa is not good)

Funt Solo

Portishead - Live
Pink Floyd - a best of
Calle Salud by Compay Segundo (with mini-Solo translating bits of it)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

repoman

I just discovered a band called The Sound that I've inexplicably missed over the last 40 years.  Decent!

Barrington Boots

Wayfarer - A Romance with Violence

It's basically a black / folk metal album, but being a US band the folk elements are old west instruments and melodies. Like RDR2 mixed with BM.

https://wayfarercolorado.bandcamp.com/album/a-romance-with-violence

Leigh S

Having a QueenAdreena phase inspired by the brilliance of KJG's latest "Liar, FLower" project.... genius level stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT0SYaqKyFc