Main Menu

Prog 2322 - Corporate Carnage!

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 March, 2023, 08:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I doubt this forum is ever fully representative of the wider readership, and I've no doubt Pineapples clicked with some people. There's certainly a group of readers on social media who seem excited by it, although it's hard to know how many of them actually read the Prog these days.

As for criticism, we're fine with it here as long as it's constructive and doesn't veer into personal insults. And with Mills, it's worth noting that a lot of criticism has been a reflection of the ongoing venom he's hurled Rebellion's way in recent years, and his own repeated admissions that he took his foot off of the accelerator.

Still, yes, I'm glad someone liked it. But I'm not going to change my own tune on a series that for me did almost nothing whatsoever when it came to the script. (The art was a lot better, especially when Langley took over.)

nxylas

I find it hard to post a straight pro- or anti- opinion on Tin Man, because my own reaction to it was...complicated. I thought it was a mess, but there were parts I liked. But was that because they were actually any good, or because they reminded me of other, better Mills work?

Anyway, I think his best stuff right now is over on his Substack blog. I find his Storyteller and Secret History posts fascinating, and whilst I already read the Serial Killer novels when they first came out, they do show that his satirical savagery remains undimmed, even if his prose falls flat at times.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Proudhuff

Quote from: moly on 08 March, 2023, 06:54:55 PMthe sad old man talking rubbish in the pub

Oi! You've just insulted three-quarters of the board here!
DDT did a job on me

nxylas

Quote from: nxylas on 13 March, 2023, 03:14:23 PMII find his Storyteller and Secret History posts fascinating
Sorry, I meant Pageturners. Storyteller was the original name on his blog, Pageturners is a revised and expanded version of those posts.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!