Main Menu

Prog 2324 - The Law Enforcer

Started by Barrington Boots, 20 March, 2023, 12:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 27 March, 2023, 02:23:00 PMI offered Tharg a loan of my party ring and he confirmed Nieman is the sex mad, virulent corpse of Tom Tully.

So there.

well, duh - obviously
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Bad City Blue

Rowling? Zero chance, she is not a good enough writer, simple as.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

AlexF

Massive apologies for piquing peoples' curiosity!
'Tsellest', as far as I am aware, is nothing more than a palindrome. I happen to rather like palindromes and find this one especially beautiful in its construction, but didn't mean to suggest there was anythihng more going on with the name...

...but, if you're looking for extra layers of meaning, why don't we all agree that the name was inspired by glasses lens company 'Stellest', and then further agree that the similarly-monikered Proteus Vex villain is, shall we shy, short-sighted in his view of how his tactics will play out in the theatre of interstellar war.

On reflection, let's just leave it as 'palindromes are cool, what more do you want??'

Meanwhile, I for one hope we continue to get more Ken Niemand and more Leonard O'Manco in the Prog, yes?

Mike Carroll

Quote from: AlexF on 27 March, 2023, 04:13:11 PMMassive apologies for piquing peoples' curiosity!
'Tsellest', as far as I am aware, is nothing more than a palindrome. I happen to rather like palindromes and find this one especially beautiful in its construction, but didn't mean to suggest there was anythihng more going on with the name...

Tsellest is indeed a palindrome, but that's not the only reason I invented it...

The first T is silent so it's pronounced "Celest" as in "Celestial" ("of the heavens" or "star-like").

The "Ts" at the start is suggestive of "Tsar" (itself an anagram of "star") which is the Russian imperial title (derived from "Caesar" meaning ruler or king: alternate spelling is "Czar").

The Monarch

okay guys i admit it I am ken niemand

(i mean other than the fact i cannot write for toffee and i actually follow the dude on twitter)

yup totally me :)

broodblik

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 27 March, 2023, 04:32:26 PM
Quote from: AlexF on 27 March, 2023, 04:13:11 PMMassive apologies for piquing peoples' curiosity!

Tsellest is indeed a palindrome, but that's not the only reason I invented it...

The first T is silent so it's pronounced "Celest" as in "Celestial" ("of the heavens" or "star-like").

The "Ts" at the start is suggestive of "Tsar" (itself an anagram of "star") which is the Russian imperial title (derived from "Caesar" meaning ruler or king: alternate spelling is "Czar").

Thanks for that Mike but should you not be busy writing book 5 and 6 - just wondering  :D
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

nxylas

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 27 March, 2023, 01:58:04 PMEnnis (as hinted above)? I don't think so, again doesn't feel like him and I can't see him being as rude and arrogant as "Ken" is online.
Plus, doesn't he stay off social media? Anyway, once again, we've been told that it's not someone who has ever written for 2000AD under their own name, so I'm going to assume that's the truth.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Magnetica

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 27 March, 2023, 04:32:26 PM

Its great when the creators come on here to answer questions...so whilst we have got your attention, I didn't understand what the last panel two panels on page two are showing - where is Tsellest and what has crashed into what? Nor did I understand the last panel on page 3 - where is Vex, what's that brown thing he is he's on top of? Is he outside of the ship he was on?

And sorry guess these are probably more questions for Jake Lynch. And sorry for being thick and not able to read comic after 45 years of trying to do so 😉.

A.Cow

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 27 March, 2023, 02:23:00 PMI offered Tharg a loan of my party ring [...]

I thought you meant some kind of swingers' sex toy until I looked it up on Google.  The biscuit aisle in Tesco will never quite feel the same again.  :o

(P.S. No, "biscuit aisle" is not meant to be a euphemism.  I feel like I've wandered into a Carry On film.)

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Magnetica on 27 March, 2023, 07:44:39 PMI didn't understand what the last panel two panels on page two are showing - where is Tsellest and what has crashed into what? Nor did I understand the last panel on page 3 - where is Vex, what's that brown thing he is he's on top of? Is he outside of the ship he was on?

Page 2: Tsellest is zooming up into the atmosphere on one of the Scorchers' floating stone slabs that they sometimes use for getting around, and then crashing into the front of the stolen Scorcher ship that Vex is flying.

Page 3: The brown thing from which Vex is leaping is part of the Scorcher ship's flight deck, albeit damaged and warped from all the explosions caused by Tsellest tearing their way through the hull: we saw in episodes 11 and 12 that when Vex and his crew were flying this ship -- which was designed for beings much, much bigger than they are -- that they have to sit on top of the control stations. Picture a bunch of action figures on the bridge of the USS Enterprise trying to control the ship!

Hope that clears things up a little!
-- Mike

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: A.Cow on 27 March, 2023, 10:30:11 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 27 March, 2023, 02:23:00 PMI offered Tharg a loan of my party ring [...]

I thought you meant some kind of swingers' sex toy until I looked it up on Google.  The biscuit aisle in Tesco will never quite feel the same again.  :o

(P.S. No, "biscuit aisle" is not meant to be a euphemism.  I feel like I've wandered into a Carry On film.)

What happens in the Lawless Hot Tub Party, stays in the Lawless Hot Tub Party.

Let the record stand, shortbread crumbles, CRUMBLES, under the slightest water pressure. I expected better of such a culinary staple.

AlexF

Well what do you know, Tsellest really IS the cleverst name in Sci Fi!
Thanks for the background info Mr Carroll, looking forward to seeing you find new ways to vex Proteus and co next year...

Barrington Boots

Very cool insight from creators and biscuit innuendos all in one thread ftw
You're a dark horse, Boots.