Main Menu

What games did you never finished or got time to?

Started by Goaty, 05 September, 2013, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Lots of games I hadn't finished yet!! still more, as much less than those Call of Duty, or Bioshock or Uncharted series.

GTA IV - Funny as I finish GTA San Andreas about 7 times! I kept try to get back to GTA IV and complete some missions then forgot about it every time.

Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas.

Total War

Just Cause

F.E.A.R 2, dont know why but that girl scared me every time!

Mass Effect, I only play for few missions then...

Frank

I could never completed The President's Run stage of Driver on PS1. I think I just got some kind of mental block about it, and it might be the last game I even tried to finish. It was my 'Nam.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: sauchie on 05 September, 2013, 09:07:35 PM

I could never completed The President's Run stage of Driver on PS1. I think I just got some kind of mental block about it, and it might be the last game I even tried to finish. It was my 'Nam.

I seem to remember having to resort to a cheat to complete that level.

JamesC

Super Mario World.

Having enjoyed Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES, while thinking it wasn't quite as good as the wonderful Super Mario Bros 2 (which is now derided as 'not a proper Mario game', although we didn't know that at my school), I was looking forward to this game after finally getting a Super NES.
Unfortunately I found SMW (and still do) overblown and boring. And Yoshi's a twat.
I also disliked SM64 and thought Sunshine was lacklustre. The Galaxy games were great though and I really like 3D Land.

In my imagination there's an alternate reality where SMB2 was continued with a splash of 'Brian Bloodaxe' brilliance and we're all still playing games where you have to throw turnips at each other (COD: Turnip Warfare).

radiator

Oh God, far too many to mention. I tend to binge on a game and play it obsessively for a week or two solid, then suddenly drop it just as I'm nearing the end. It's like the spell is suddenly broken. I don't consciously do it, I just put them down and never come back.

I generally have this problem with RPGs - Mass Effect, Ni No Kuni, both DS Zeldas, Twilight Princess, Front Mission, too many Final Fantasies and Dragon Quests to mention. I guess that means I enjoy the journey more than the destination, or that RPGs kind of plateau in terms of challenge and discovery in the last quarter.

radiator

Quote from: JamesC on 05 September, 2013, 09:24:47 PM
Super Mario World.

Having enjoyed Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES, while thinking it wasn't quite as good as the wonderful Super Mario Bros 2 (which is now derided as 'not a proper Mario game', although we didn't know that at my school), I was looking forward to this game after finally getting a Super NES.
Unfortunately I found SMW (and still do) overblown and boring. And Yoshi's a twat.
I also disliked SM64 and thought Sunshine was lacklustre. The Galaxy games were great though and I really like 3D Land.

In my imagination there's an alternate reality where SMB2 was continued with a splash of 'Brian Bloodaxe' brilliance and we're all still playing games where you have to throw turnips at each other (COD: Turnip Warfare).

Ha, I'm almost the exact opposite - SMB2 always seemed odd and a bit tedious me, never liked it, whereas SMW is my pick of the bunch - I've lost count of how many times I've played through it. SM64 would be a close second. Thought Galaxy was a bit dull.

Ghost MacRoth

I tend to kill them all to death.  Particularly FPS types.  Can't think of a single game I hav......

Farcry.  Just as I was typing it came to me.  I never did finish farcry because of the level where you where sinking on a boat, being attacked by a bloke in a helicopter, and it was one of those get it in time or you're fucked levels, and it pissed me off so much I gave up.  It was bloody stupid.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Jim_Campbell

All of them.

(Tell a lie: I finished Eternal Champions on the Megadrive...)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

I've played and defeated every Metroid game to the extent that I still expect a 5 Missile upgrade to be under the sink when I reach down for the washing up liquid.

All except 'Metroid Prime 2' that is.
I'm confident enough in my gamuality to admit it kicked my ass in the last act, and I never went back.
(Shakes deformed gamer-fist at mocking game box on shelf)

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 05 September, 2013, 09:52:09 PM
SMB2 always seemed odd and a bit tedious me

There's a high chance someone replaced your immortal soul with a bag of coal dust circa 1988.

GrudgeJohnDeed

I rarely dont finish a game, i usually play through to the end even if im not really enjoying it (which perhaps isnt a good thing)! I dont buy too many games i dont like, fortunately. saying that, I have had copies of metal gear solid rising and asura's wrath for the 360 for months and not got anywhere with them :( They both seem really cool, Im just not feeling it for some reason.

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 September, 2013, 10:58:33 PM
Quote from: radiator on 05 September, 2013, 09:52:09 PM
SMB2 always seemed odd and a bit tedious me

There's a high chance someone replaced your immortal soul with a bag of coal dust circa 1988.

Nah, just he never had his brain removed!  Mario....pfft....utter mince!  Where's the shotguns I ask ya??
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 05 September, 2013, 09:53:36 PM
I tend to kill them all to death.  Particularly FPS types.  Can't think of a single game I hav......

Farcry.  Just as I was typing it came to me.  I never did finish farcry because of the level where you where sinking on a boat, being attacked by a bloke in a helicopter, and it was one of those get it in time or you're fucked levels, and it pissed me off so much I gave up.  It was bloody stupid.

What he said. Even on the PC with the fast save cheat enabled.

And Far Cry 2, when I first got Malaria and thought "this is no fun whatsoever - who came up with the idea that you had to be miserable in a FPS?"
Lock up your spoons!

Ghost MacRoth

It's only ever on the PC with me, can't be arsed with consoles.  But nice to know I wasn't alone!

Goaty