Main Menu

Point & Click Adventure Games

Started by Laser Skeleton, 28 July, 2020, 05:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laser Skeleton

My favourite genre of all is the point and click adventure, especially the classic old Lucasarts stuff. Of late I've really enjoyed the Darkside Detective and I'm mostly done with the brilliant Thimbleweed Park. Another absolute favourite is The Last Door, which just blew my socks off with pixely Lovecraftian goodness.

Any other fans of point & clicks out there? I really only play games on the Switch now and it's not spoiled with them but there's a few good ones buried...would love some decent recommendations too!

Tomwe

A friend of mine made a game called Bertram Fiddle, I think it's on the switch for less than a quid right now.

Laser Skeleton

Ah yeah I think I have that actually! Yet to try it though. I should say as much as I love them I am terrible at completing them.

milstar

I played recently Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin (well, actually, re-played) and both Dracula Resurrection and Dracula: The last Sanctuary. Sherlock Holmes was again incredibly difficult (which was evident by the fact I again had to occasionally retort to watching YT walkthroughs). As for Dracula, it still holds up in terms of atmosphere and graphics were amazing for the time it has been made. Resurrection was somewhat easier experience although I had to replay from a certain point because there was a glitch that stopped me from progressing further. The Last Sanctuary...well, I expected less frustrating experience, but I was glad when I finally beaten it and went straight for add/remove programs. Searching for symbols in the graveyard was immensely hard, part in terms for poor lighting and part for pixel hunting (where graphics were generally nice, but this was like searching for a needle in haystack). Also, the logic of few puzzles was senseless and you don't get always what item works for an object.
Also, I do not want to forget amazing The Wolf Among Us. I was sad first when I heard that sequel won't come, for TTG being shut down but in recent months I heard that TWAU 2 is back in development.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.