Main Menu

Any old 2000AD stories / characters you missed?

Started by Goaty, 03 December, 2012, 03:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P-BOT/1138

what about r.a.m. raiders?
havn't read it since it was printed, but remember really liking it.

WhizzBang

Sam Slade for me. I love everything up to and including The Slaying Of Slade.

Spikes

Super Bean?
And ill add my voice to seeing something for Bad Company, though i think id most likely feel a sense of trepidation if owt was announced.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteReboot, neebs; not a continuation

Pharaoh nuff. Still wouldn't push for it personally speaking, I can't see out being better than the original.still, you never know I suppose
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Montynero on 04 December, 2012, 01:52:05 PM
Re that interview, who do you think the creator coming back to Tooth in the summer is?

I'm thinking Peter Milligan.

Peter Milligan never drew Slaine.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Adventurer

I miss Dan Abnett's V.Cs.

Oh and Cabs Inc. and Lobster Random.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dash Decent

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 04 December, 2012, 03:41:53 PM
I'm nicking that for a future art comp idea. Although I'm going to credit Godpleton.

I think you should call him Grudpleton.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Bring back Dash Decent, I say.

I'd like to see Big E locked up in a cupboard in the background to a Nerve Centre scene some time.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Link Prime

Quote from: Dash Decent on 05 December, 2012, 11:34:31 AM
Bring back Dash Decent

Unexpected...

I'd also like to throw the V.C.s in there.
It was a pretty good continuation by Dan Abnett, so keep him aboard.

ming

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 December, 2012, 05:30:11 PMMe, I'd like a quick look at how Zenith is coping with middle age, and how much of a cunt Big Dave is these days. Not that Sir Grant needs the work these days

Brendan McCarthy would be perfect for art duties on Zenith; he designed the principal characters in the first place and would be able to combine serious storytelling with mindbending inventiveness and a hearty dose of humour.  Not going to happen, but it would be fun.

A series of 'Paradax! Now' doodles popped up on The Strangeness blog a while back.  A link and a couple of my favourites below.  Now picture Zenith getting a similar treatment...

http://strangenessofbrendanmccarthy.blogspot.no/2012/06/whatever-happened-to-paradax.html

Frank

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 05 December, 2012, 04:12:27 AM
Quote from: Montynero on 04 December, 2012, 01:52:05 PM
Re that interview, who do you think the creator coming back to Tooth in the summer is? I'm thinking Peter Milligan.

Peter Milligan never drew Slaine.

Ooh, is that a scoop? Depending which artist you have in mind, that's either great news, or the kind of thing that will piss a lot of people off.

Skullmo

Quote from: P-BOT/1138 on 04 December, 2012, 08:51:56 PM

I really liked it - especially callum alexander wyatt art. I re read it recently - it was pretty pants
It's a joke. I was joking.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteNow picture Zenith getting a similar treatment

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. I'm guessing Zenith would handle middle age a bit like I do: not very well at all.

Second City Blues is a series that I really liked, and unlike many other stories I miss there's ample score for a sequel
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 December, 2012, 06:16:05 PM
QuoteNow picture Zenith getting a similar treatment

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. I'm guessing Zenith would handle middle age a bit like I do: not very well at all.

Second City Blues is a series that I really liked, and unlike many other stories I miss there's ample score for a sequel

Agree on both counts!

P-BOT/1138

Quote from: P-BOT/1138 on 04 December, 2012, 08:51:56 PM

I really liked it - especially callum alexander wyatt art. I re read it recently - it was pretty pants

the art's what i remember most.
another artist who didn't do that much work in the prog.
maybe wait to re read it again,then. after your recomendation.