Main Menu

Death's grand design.

Started by Hoagy, 26 August, 2008, 06:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

This is a sketch I scallied together last night of Judge Death. I know it is a worthless whoring of me doodles, but what I considered when doing it, was how easily you can scrape together a creepy Death and how his initial design comes into it.

(I remember Matt Timson scrawling me one with a biro at Bristol and we speculated that if in doubt get a Death out.)

What is evident is how great a villian design this macabre magistrate is. I have an inkling Bolland was chief designer. But did Wagner or Mills have a say too?

And who are your favourite draftsmen of Death?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Dandontdare

BOLLAND BOLLAND BOLLAND!!!

By the way, If I could do stuff like that, I'd whore them on a sympathetic mesage board too! Luvly.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "Krombasher"What is evident is how great a villian design this macabre magistrate is. I have an inkling Bolland was chief designer. But did Wagner or Mills have a say too?

It were all Bolland, although he acknowledges Kev O'Neill was probably an influence on his designs what with all the gates on faces and such like. I think I'm right in saying the first Judge Death tale was only ever intended to be a one-off throwaway story, and it was only when Wagner saw Bolland's design and artwork that the character started to become something more.

Top work Krom!
@jamesfeistdraws

Hoagy

Very kind words. There are some new boarders with Death avatars which looked cool. This had a spurring effect and a creation for a new avatar was spawned. Literally by the looks of him.

Another influence to this topic was the DVD Spiderman/Once upon a time in comics, where it said, designing your main character is easier than designing villians. Villains have to be so much more the adversary and coming up with new ones, a bit like this months meg's tales from Black Museum.

Bolland is the man then. From start to the tail on his pterodactyl shoulder pad. BTW here's matt Timsons Death head.

(sorry about that bit o' shit from my scanner under the chin.)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TheEdge

Quote from: "Krombasher"

(sorry about that bit o' shit from my scanner under the chin.)

It looks like drool.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Pete Wells

I've said it before and I'll say it again "Timpson and Jimbo for the prog!"

Here's a lovely Judge Death sketch done for me by the luvverly PJ Holden when I bought Previously from him, I love it!

Mardroid

I only just noticed this thread!

Different but great drawings one and all.

I notice PJ's one has the cross-bars on the outside though. Interesting, whilst it's the most 'cartoon' of them all it's actually the closest to the comic in that particular regard.  Really, check out the guy on the right >>>>

WoD

TIMSON's Death is very nice indeed.  There's a lot of talent on this board.