Main Menu

Flippin'eck Tucker!

Started by Adrian Bamforth, 29 January, 2003, 04:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

Yes, Tucker returned today to Grange Hill.

Not only that but he did indeed say "Flippin'eck!" and on arrival immediately had a stand-off with a pompous teacher.

He didn't however say : "It's only pocket-money Mister H!"

Great stuff.

ADE

paulvonscott

Aw hell, I heard he was coming back and missed it, is it repeated.

Tucker... dear me.

Where's Fatman!?

Tiplodocus

Tucker in Grange Hill - yes. But i'm sure he'd have sworn.

Tucker in Tucker's Luck - No.

Tucker in Eastenders - I've got to get back to the stall.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Devons Daddy

was he?
wow now we are talking about quality entertainment.would have made me smile to see that.is he someones dad in the show or what?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ukdane

Isn't there a Tucker in Enterprise too?
Cheers

-Daney

Dounreay

If Tucker is on the Enterprise he must be getting on a bit. Nearly as old as that poor bloke Captain Slog who's been kicking around star fleet for ages.

(OK OK it was a poor excuse for a gag. Work with me here, I've been kept awake all night by the storm).

Good to hear Tucker is back. Must be some kind of telly comeback record there.  

DavidXBrunt

Erm, maybe. Jon Pertwee was playing Doctor Who in the Nineties, 20-odd years after he began, so that might be close to a record.

Kathy Staff might have had just as long a gap as Todd Carty when she returned to Crossroads.

If we include radio versions of T.V. programmes then Ian Lavender, Clive Dunn, Bill Pertwee, and Frank Williams all returned to their Dads Army roles in the late Nineties nearly 35 years on from their first appearances.

Quatermass also returned on the radio, but I'm not sure if it was one of the T.V. actors or not.

Adrian Bamforth

"If we include radio versions of T.V. programmes then Ian Lavender, Clive Dunn, Bill Pertwee, and Frank Williams all returned to their Dads Army roles in the late Nineties nearly 35 years on from their first appearances. "

Did they? I know there was a radio series with the characters set post-war but I didn't realise it was as recent as the 90s.

I'd also mention Alf Garnett, The Liver Birds, the Reggie Perrin cast, Frank Spencer and Wendy Craig's Butterflies character (both returned on Comic Relief), Peter Cook's mad old Lord character who's name eludes me. More obscurely, I think one of the original cast of the 50s comedy Car 54 WHere Are You? might just have  reappeared in the 90s film version.

ADE

Trout

FYI, Todd Carty will also appear in The Bill this summer, as a cheeky, cheery copper with a dark secret.

- Trout

Quirkafleeg

Right BBC now you can bring back Bullet, Bronson, Sexy Lexy, Mr Hicks and the bully's bully Gripper. Oh and Ro-land too

Adrian Bamforth

Looking over the net I reckon it'll be hard to beat Alf Garnett as longest running character at 1964-present day (more or less), that's 38 years. That time away must only be about 15 years though. As for longest gap between re-appearance I can't think of any longer than the Car 54 cast's (1964-1994) 30 year absence (if you count the film, filmed in 90 but released in 94). That's if you don't still call Normon Wisdom "Pipkin". Any better offers?

ADE
(Getting slightly obsessive)

Quirkafleeg

Psycho 1960... Psycho 2 1983 that held the biggest gap between sequals for years

Art

I'm sure Mr Bronson would leap at the chance.

Link: http://www.michaelsheard.com/" target="_blank">http://www.michaelsheard.com/

http://www.michaelsheard.com/logos/art_logo_md.jpg">

Adrian Bamforth

I almost forgot The Monkees, if you could call them characters, from the mid 60s to their TV reunion special in the late 90s

ADE

GordonR

>>Link: http://www.michaelsheard.com/

Thanks for that, arthur.  This will keep me amused for many days to come.

As you might know, the fascinating career of Michael Sheard has been something of an obsession of mine, ever since I managed to mortally offend him at an SF convention guests'  dinner some years ago.