Spoilers > Other Reviews

Re: Prog 1263

(1/3) > >>

Moley:
Couldn't agree more, the artwork in this prog is OUTSTANDING. With recent offerings and more to come from Flint, Walker, Kennedy, Jock, Ezquerra, Burns, Fraser, Harrison, etc, etc in both 2000AD and the Megazine, is the current pool of artistic talent richer than it has ever been?

Also, I seem to remember a message posted a while ago which suggested Siku isn't too popular. Do many people think this? Personally I love his work, especially the gorgeously painted Telguuths that appeared earlier this year.

mark xiii:
OK - I waited 'til Wednesday so I dont spoil it for those that dont subscribe, now I gotta say this:

Dredd - OMG! If this continues as good as it started were in for another America! I never thought I'd say this since MacNeil has been my favourite 2Kad artist for years but Irving's art on...

Reefer Madness - Kicked serious arse! Mad zombie types, a rather evil looking Tharg and those colours... oh those colours! Frazer has just knocked MacNeil off the top spot.

Tor Cyan is welcome in the prog at any time and Anderson by Ranson is always a good thing.

But guys... A 2000ad Beanie hat?! Come on, you can do better than that surely?

Mark_xiii - Who wants to buy some Irving originals to go next to MacNeils on his wall.

fraston:
: Couldn't agree more, the artwork in this prog is OUTSTANDING. With recent offerings and more to come from Flint, Walker, Kennedy, Jock, Ezquerra, Burns, Fraser, Harrison, etc, etc in both 2000AD and the Megazine, is the current pool of artistic talent richer than it has ever been?

: Also, I seem to remember a message posted a while ago which suggested Siku isn't too popular. Do many people think this? Personally I love his work, especially the gorgeously painted Telguuths that appeared earlier this year.

i agree. i lOVE sikus painted art and it's a shame that he's using photoshop now as well as the rest of us. some of us (me) only use the computer cos we can't paint. but our lad sikus a demon with the old acrylics....

Frazer

Matt:
Wagner achieves in one episode of Dredd what Garth Ennis couldn't manage in 12 - Plot, Tension, Atmosphere & Forboding. This looks like it's shaping up to be every bit as good as America, Mechanismo & The Pit. Can't wait to see how it shapes up. Hey, hasn't Hersey recovered from her recent crucifixation quite quickly!

Love Colin Wilson on Tor Cyan, although I sometimes find that John Tomlinsons scripts are a bit disjointed. One minute Tor's swimming into a volcanic vent about to boil himself to death & then in the blink of an eye he's back on the surface & it's all over. How did that happen then? Am I not reading this right? What was the purpose of this episode?

And where is Scojo? The message board is a lot quieter recently. Did all you guys get kidnapped by the Dictators of Zragg at DreddCon 2? C'mon post.

mark xiii:
OK - Gonna put my 20p's worth in.

I totally agree with Fraze regarding Siku and Photoshop. Siku's fully painted stuff has such energy and the primary colours he uses just leap off the page and demand your attention. IMHO comp-colour doesnt do his style justice.

Techno-paint is excellent in the right place - Reefer Madness for example - but I think some artists should stick to 'real' colour.

I pray that MacNeil never 'does a Siku' and puts his brushes / pencils / airbrush away in a drawer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version