Spoilers > Other Reviews

Invasion 1984!

<< < (2/4) > >>

jabish:
I loved this collection. Really classic comics by Wagner & Grant and that terrific gritty Eric Bradbury art. Great stuff. This and the Thirteenth Floor are absolute gems and I'm gonna get One Eyed Jack soon.

Really hope they collect Doomlord. Does anyone know if they have the rights for that?

broodblik:

--- Quote from: jabish on 20 June, 2019, 10:15:49 PM ---Really hope they collect Doomlord. Does anyone know if they have the rights for that?

--- End quote ---

We all wish for this to happen but unfortunately the Dan Dare Corporation has all the right to the stories that was published in the New Eagle. The exception was all stories that came from other publication that merged with Eagle. Like One-Eyed Jack came from Battle/Valiant Thirteen Floor from Scream etc.

broodblik:

--- Quote from: jabish on 20 June, 2019, 10:15:49 PM ---Really hope they collect Doomlord. Does anyone know if they have the rights for that?

--- End quote ---

Adding to this, read this article : https://downthetubes.net/?p=101020

AlexF:
Bought Invasion 1984! in the recent Treasury Sale, and don't regret it at all! I had feared it would be a bit childish, and compared to Wagner/Grant strips in 2000AD in the same era it is a bit, but it's still a ton of fun and a proper page-turner. Bradbury draws the heck out of alien samurai skeletons with ray guns, too.

And yes, it's fun how much this pre-empts not just Independence Day, but even Arrival (well, the fact that it hinges on a linguist, not all the tricksy stuff or s l o w pacing).

milstar:
I ordered this thru Amazon, so I can't wait to see it. Tried to go after infamous Darkie's Mob first, but it's out of stock. I think I was sold on the title here - Invasion 1984. Does anyone knows the year of the release? I saw glimpses of the art and it definitely does not look like 1984 comic :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version