Started by Colin YNWA, 14 August, 2012, 06:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Buttonman

Has the Dandy not suffered enough?

Not yet it hasn't...

Now rest my child.

Pete Wells

Just look at that big belly and ridiculous chin. I blame all the pies...

GordonR

http://www.fumboo.com/category/blog/

Some great thoughts here from artist Jamie Smart (he of the "manga-influenced angular shapes" and "pages of badly-drawn crap", presumably.)

Frank

Quote from: Judge Jack on 17 August, 2012, 06:04:30 PM
John Wagner on the demise of The Dandy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19293866

Cheers, Jack, but I'm not sure the pathos of that article is engendered exclusively by the demise of The Dandy. As with everything Wagner writes, it's pregnant with subtext.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Pete Wells on 17 August, 2012, 06:24:16 PM
Just look at that big belly and ridiculous chin. I blame all the pies...
DDT did a job on me

dracula1

This is truely tragic, decades of publishing excellence and talent about to disappear! :-(

dracula1

... Can't Rebellion offer a take over bid!? Then we could have Dredd / Dan crossovers!

;)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: dracula1 on 18 August, 2012, 12:33:35 PM
... Can't Rebellion offer a take over bid!? Then we could have Dredd / Dan crossovers!

This might be my imagination but hasn't that happened already. In the Comic Relief issue or some such?

Steve Green

There was something about the biggest chin in comics, then Brucie stepped in... (I think)

James Stacey

Yep. Dan, Dredd, Dare and I think banana man. Brucie won.

dracula1

Those last couple of witty comments regarding chins and crossovers have tickled my funny bone! ... Snigger! Guff! etc.

dracula1

I hope that if Dandy goes under the Company doesn't do a skip and pulp job on all its wonderful archived artwork (as has happened in the past). :(

Spikes

Isnt merging The Dandy with The Beano an option?

dracula1

Good idea .... Similar to 2000ad merging with StarLord and Tornado.