Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

All beasts were kept beyond pecker length so my prime ministerial credentials remain unblemished. Apart from this fella, but we're family.

A nice three course trio at The Rathskeller in King's Lynn. This was the £17.95 set menu which had plenty of choice and good quality ingredients.

First up, in another Joe Browns number, our hero enjoys some mint risotto with pork belly and chorizo. Second pork belly of the day but very nice it was too.

I then had the chicken which came with bacon and some blue cheese sauce. Lovely stuff.

For pud I had the lemon posset which came in a tea cup for some reason, but was tasty nonetheless - like lemon curd. I am seen scoffing a poppyseed Tuille biscuit (obviously).

Proudhuff

ah, bushmeat, it was only a matter of time I suppose.
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

It says 'sausages' up there - where me other bloody sausage then?

This is the Bank House in King's Lynn where you get exactly what you ask for! Nice meaty sausage with that herby taste.

The small breakfast meant that our traditional trip to McDonalds was inevitable. My Big Mac was OK but poorly constructed.

Indian time now with a visit to The Indian Gate which garnered the greatest Tripadvisor kicking of the trip. The food was fine but the service as slow as an ice age.

Here I am having the lamb tikka starter having filled up on popadoms - rookie mistake!

My chicken Biryani was very nice although the delay meant a few beers had left me slightly worse for wear.

Buttonman

Breakfast for the second morning in King's Lynn and last night's curry meant a ruit and yogurt detox was needed. The table of goodies can be seen in the background as well as a Tom Proudfoot lookalike. A half sized pastry has also been collected.

We have finally made it to Norwich - A-ha! - and where better to go tan a nice pub called 'The Murderers'. Lot of nice murder paraphernalia and tales of dark goings on. The man who made my chicken burrito deserved killing too! Not really although he was a bit heavy handed with the sweetcorn and tomato slices.

The home straight now - only a few pictures left. Anyone there?!

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

The read count is up by three so someone's lying! Oh wait I count too. Carry on!

Carry on you say? well let's have some scran.

Nice trio here of 'pissed' 'more pished' and 'pishest'.

Nice Thai dinner in Norwich - we open with a nice chicken coconut soup - a bit of heat from the chilies but a tasty subtle and enjoyable starter.

More chicken in this healthy portion of chicken in something sauce. Very nice!

Gies a banana fritta!

And back to breakfast - grapefruit segments and yougurt and two pastries - which were halved and shared with the wife.

Followed by a big and dirty fry up which was very nice.

von Boom

Not enough brown sauce on that fry up!

Dandontdare

Buttonman

Ha ha love it - sounds like two and I'm yours Phil!

Grugz

this thread has been forwarded to your consultant  ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Bolt-01

DDD- that is a work of twisted genius and has had me laughing in the office.

Good work fella!

Proudhuff

I knew there was a pattern to his posts, those morning pints before breakfast start to tell
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Nearly done, as Finchy would say.

Here we are in the Edith Cavell in Norwich. This is a small restaurant over a pub that mainly does steaks. Their thing is that your steak arrives almost raw on a block of stone that is heated to 380 degrees. You then eat your steak, cooking it as you go. You get a sauce, butter and rock salt too. This is me with my 12oz sirloin with chips which was a reasonable £20.

Next morning at the St Giles Hotel in Norwich I fancied a white bread bacon sandwich which the chef delivered with crispy tastiness.

Off to the races now and this is me in our hotel/pub in Newmarket. This was honest to goodness pub grub and I am seen enjoying my perfectly serviceable lasange and garlic bread. The cheesy garlic bread which can be seen is the wife's.

Last pud of the holiday a decent Eton Mess which could have used more meringue.

And now the final pic! Thanks you for all your support over this frankly dull thread. Thanks go to Irene for taking the pictures and to my belt for taking the strain. We end up with a nice fry up which offered perhaps the best bacon of the trip.

See you next feed!

Zarjazzer

Dull? This thread and your shirts are the only thing keeping the cosmic horrors at bay.

That pub lasagne looked nice.

until next time...
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.